Bike sat for 2 years and now on its way to a 155

About 2 years ago I woke up Monday morning and my back was hurting. I gave it a month and went to see the doc when it didn't get any better. Found out I had 2 bulging disc and some arthitis in another disk at the ripe old age of 22.

I hadnt been riding for a few months prior so didn'nt think the bike could have caused anything. I basically wrote off riding for fear that it would aggrivate it more and just 'rested' for a while like the doc recommended. 'Rest' didn't help things at all. The same for cortisone shots, chiropractic or physical therapy.

I recently took up mountain biking, jogging and just regular stretching and excercising... what a difference it has made!!! I can get a full nights sleep and not pop pain killers all day!

So this past weekend I got the wild hair to get backn my beloved '06 12pinger. New airfilter, oil and a carb cleaning and she purred like a lion!

When I first started it I heard a slight rattle that sounded like a loose skid plate. The noise went away after a few second and the bike ran great all day up until when we decided to head back to the truck. I go to start it and hear the same rattle except for it being much louder and nearly no compression. Figured the 5+ y/o crank must have finally went out and the piston was hitting the head.

Went home and tore the bike down, everything looked fine other than a little excess side to side movement, the crack on the inside of the piston right behind the ring groove on the exh. side and the stuck ring.

I have been wanting to build a big bore stroker 125 for ever and have finally been forced into it. Researched it a little and talked to Eric Gore...

I shipped my engine out to him today for the 155 kit! I can't wait to get it back and see how much of a difference it makes!!! :thumbsup::banana:

what is EG charging you? and what is turnaround time? I wonder if finding 155 pistons will be an issue? I am thinking of doing an EG 144 myself; I had not heard of a 155. I wonder how much the stock crank can handle? And can the stock carb flow enough air for a 155?

that sounds like heaps of fun!!

what is EG charging you? and what is turnaround time? I wonder if finding 155 pistons will be an issue? I am thinking of doing an EG 144 myself; I had not heard of a 155. I wonder how much the stock crank can handle? And can the stock carb flow enough air for a 155?

The 155 is 58mm bore and 58.5 stroke. Stock is 54 x 54.

EG has everything in stock and basically ready to ship when he gets your core. He has or does the stroking to a new HotRods crank.

The total is just under 1000 bucks for top end & gaskets, crank and matching the cases to the cylinder.

Everything I have read and what EG told me is it runs just like a the stock 125 just on serious steroids! It will still run all day at 12.5k