Sign in to follow this  

Brought home my new YZ250f today

Oh well, went and got my Yami today. Put money down at the end of last week and got it today. I am pretty excited. Hoping to take to the indoor AX track here soon. Just looking at the detail of the bike is satisfying. The pegs, clamps and over-all quality seem top notch and even though it isnt the newest motor out there, I know its gonna last (which is important to me). I'm excited to feel the new chassis also.

2010yzf001.jpg

2010yzf003.jpg

2010yzf009.jpg

2010yzf006.jpg

Thank you.....I'll probly go to NEMX or something. There are a couple within reasonable driving distance for me. I usually hit-up NEMX a couple times a winter though. That should be a nice track to use the low-end this bike is known for.

Hey whenever you take it to a track pm me or even make a thread on how the motor was. Becausebi ridden an 09but how does the 2010's motor compare?

Hey whenever you take it to a track pm me or even make a thread on how the motor was. Becausebi ridden an 09but how does the 2010's motor compare?

ya i will def post up a review. dunno how much i'll be able to tell about the motor at the indoor track but i'll have to just give another opinion once i get it to some normal outdoor tracks too. i have ridden a few previous YZFs but not an 09 tho. but regardless, ill give the best review i can. the best comparison i can give is probly to an 07-09 rmz, since i have been riding that primarily and have ridden a few other ones (that my friends own).

i bet you are going to like the yzf yammidawg:thumbsup:it sure does look sharp:ride:

The engine wasn't changed for 2010, so it should run the same as the 09.

Oh really?? Wow thats crazy. I thought they made some small motor changes due to the changes in the frame.

new motor mods for 2010

The valve spring retainers are now lightweight aluminum instead of steel, and valve spring pressure is lighter for reduced valve opening force. This contributes to superior low-to-mid range torque characteristics due to less power-robbing friction. There’s also a new, higher lift cam profile, while valve stem ends are chromium-nitride coated for exceptional reliability and reduced maintenance.

The exhaust port shape has a “D” shape instead of round. This increases velocity through the port for excellent throttle response, while enhancing the power feeling of the engine.

The newly designed radiator is lower and further back and the oil tank is more compact and repositioned to achieve greater mass centralization.

The carburetor bore has a new venturi shape, plus there’s recalibrated jetting and a new accelerator pump. This translates to impressive response when the rider snaps open the throttle, and contributes to superb torquey low-to-midrange power characteristics.

The intake boot offers a straight, smooth tract for excellent engine breathing and more power. The airbox is reshaped to tuck neatly into the Bilateral Beam frame.

The exhaust pipe has been carefully tuned to optimize engine power, with a muffler that’s 50mm longer and with a narrower core – a design that lets the YZ250F comfortably meet the latest noise standards without sacrificing power.

Engineers were able to increase the clutch spring load for stronger engagement, yet, thanks to a recalibrated clutch actuation arm cam ratio, lever pull is actually lighter than before.

Third and fourth gear ratios are slightly taller, and third, fourth, and fifth gears are stronger than ever with new drive dog shapes for positive engagement. That gives riders a strong gearbox that’s been carefully matched to engine power characteristics.

ya i will def post up a review. dunno how much i'll be able to tell about the motor at the indoor track but i'll have to just give another opinion once i get it to some normal outdoor tracks too. i have ridden a few previous YZFs but not an 09 tho. but regardless, ill give the best review i can. the best comparison i can give is probly to an 07-09 rmz, since i have been riding that primarily and have ridden a few other ones (that my friends own).

You'll wanna go to a smaller leak jet to fix the bog, but besides that I'm pretty sure the stock jetting will be good. Have fun!:thumbsup:

Thanks big fat and slow for all the information on what yamah did to the yz250f and thanks Timo for that information as well!!! Im thinking about selling my 07 yz250 to get a four stroke but what to get 250 or 450?? Im probaly just gona check in the later threads.

But thanks to all of you for your help!!

Thanks big fat and slow for all the information on what yamah did to the yz250f and thanks Timo for that information as well!!! Im thinking about selling my 07 yz250 to get a four stroke but what to get 250 or 450?? Im probaly just gona check in the later threads.

But thanks to all of you for your help!!

a yz250f is one of the best most reliable mx bikes ever to be made and they are sneaky fast on the mx track also:smirk:

You'll wanna go to a smaller leak jet to fix the bog, but besides that I'm pretty sure the stock jetting will be good. Have fun!:blah:

sweet. il def keep that in mind. i'm not too worried about the carb. i'm sure the bike will run just fine. it may need tweaked, like what Timo said, but thats not a big deal. still an awesome, quality race bike, so i'm happy.:thumbsup: