2011 Odessa 100

Washington

Anybody know the dates for the 2011 event??

I'm going to fly my youngest Son home from Arizona so we can ride this together again and we need the dates for planning purposes.

Thanks!

O40R

Thanks Don :thumbsup: figured the post title would draw the interest of a stumpie :blah:

Thanks for flying your youngest up and doing it together :thumbsup:

Second Weekend in April, http://stumpjumpers.org/desert100/

WooHoo!! Just watched the 2011 trailer, man that's a KICKA$$ video :thumbsup::ride::blah:

Pass on my kudos to whom ever made it.

O40R

WooHoo!! Just watched the 2011 trailer, man that's a KICKA$$ video :thumbsup::ride::blah:

Pass on my kudos to whom ever made it.

O40R

That would be little SJMC_Don making that...he has some serious talent!

Hey guys.. whats the skinny on the rules for the vintage class??

last year we had a very trick 84 cr500 that was sitting in our vendor booth. The owner said it was legal to race.. I see on the Stumpjumper website that it is pre 82

Was he mistaken? Looking forward to racing a throwback this year..

Sorry Darryl, the rules on the web site regarding the vintage class have not been updated. Last year we went to 85' and prior year models, it was detailed on the race flier.

I'll get the web-master, AKA Trav, to update the web page. Thansk for pointing it out!

For now we will maintain the 85' and prior year model cut-off.

So what will you be racing on?

Sorry Darryl, the rules on the web site regarding the vintage class have not been updated. Last year we went to 85' and prior year models, it was detailed on the race flier.

I'll get the web-master, AKA Trav, to update the web page. Thansk for pointing it out!

For now we will maintain the 85' and prior year model cut-off.

So what will you be racing on?

Thanks Don..

I thought it would be interesting to ride an old beast.. Looking for a decent doner ..Now that I know for sure the rules, it opens up the possibilities a lot. Prior I was thinking a yz400 or RM370. I might stick to that and do some other vintage races as well.. Why?? I havent figured that part out yet:bonk:

Realistically, how difficult of a ride is it? I was thinking of taking my WR250 out there and just trying to complete it. Not really into racing, just wanting to go for a really long ride.

Realistically, how difficult of a ride is it? I was thinking of taking my WR250 out there and just trying to complete it. Not really into racing, just wanting to go for a really long ride.

It's not a death march by any means, other than being some of the nicest Desert terrain the state has to offer it's a challenging 100 mile race. Your WR250 would be a great bike just make sure you can do 50 miles at a desert pace on a tank of fuel...

It's the "Event" that most people come for... no where, and I mean no where in the state will you find a gathering this large of like minded off road mc enthusiasts.

We have Poker Runs on Saturday too so you can cut your teeth on those and base your decision to race or not on your experiences with the poker run.

It's not a death march by any means, other than being some of the nicest Desert terrain the state has to offer it's a challenging 100 mile race. Your WR250 would be a great bike just make sure you can do 50 miles at a desert pace on a tank of fuel...

It's the "Event" that most people come for... no where, and I mean no where in the state will you find a gathering this large of like minded off road mc enthusiasts.

We have Poker Runs on Saturday too so you can cut your teeth on those and base your decision to race or not on your experiences with the poker run.

I tell people its like "sturgis" for dirt bikes. Not to be missed even if you just hang our its entertaining to watch the masses:worthy:

I did the Iron Man poker run last year and it really is a great ride!

I got my kx in august, so hopefully Ill be able to do the race this year if I can work out the logistics on gas requirements on a 250 two smoke.

I've been trying to figure out if I can make it this year. My wife's 1st anniversary present is a night at the ballet that Saturday night. Can Wonderspoon make stick to the schedule?

7:30 ballet begins

9:00 finish?

10:00 get home for some sweet lovin'

10:02 get dressed and load up bike

10:30 head out

That puts me in Odessa around 2:00 in the AM.......Yeah, I can swing it.:thumbsup:

I did the Iron Man poker run last year and it really is a great ride!

I got my kx in august, so hopefully Ill be able to do the race this year if I can work out the logistics on gas requirements on a 250 two smoke.

You can do it on a KX, did it last year on my 98 KX, just carry an extra quart of fuel in your back pack to be safe.

10:00 get home for some sweet lovin'

10:02 get dressed and load up bike

I see you factored in time for a quick shower...:thumbsup:

That puts me in Odessa around 2:00 in the AM.......Yeah, I can swing it.:thumbsup:

The gate will be open for you...might have to ask the gate guy to move the truck out of the way. And then try to find your friends camper in the sea of RV's....but, glad that you are going to make it out one way or another:thumbsup:

You can do it on a KX, did it last year on my 98 KX, just carry an extra quart of fuel in your back pack to be safe.

To be safe, try to use a designated fuel container such as an MSR or other hard container. If you use an empty oil bottle, please do the club and landowner a favor, pack it out.:thumbsup:

were/are you running an oversized tank also? I currently only have the stock one. but yea, i figured i would have to carry some in the backpack