Anyone practice yoga?

I practiced it for about 1 1/2 yrs before my bi-lateral hip replacement . It did wonders for me post op and during re-hab. I hadn't been that flexable in years. It's a different feeling than weight training plus you get to wear tights! You'll also notice the difference when you ride. This is how we should start our day, The Sun Salutation

Wife and I attended our second 90 minute Bikram yoga class tonight. It's 10x tougher than I thought it would be, I'm having a harder time of it than a lot of others in there.

Just curious if anyone else is doing it and how it's benefited them.

And you're just a pup !! You should try it in the mid 50's:smirk:

I practiced it for about 1 1/2 yrs before my bi-lateral hip replacement . It did wonders for me post op and during re-hab. I hadn't been that flexable in years. It's a different feeling than weight training plus you get to wear tights! You'll also notice the difference when you ride. This is how we should start our day, The Sun Salutation

This is Bikram yoga, practiced in a 105 degree room at 40% humidity. It's pretty fast paced, so tights are out of the question, just a pair of shorts is too hot.

I inherited a somewhat deformed spine, and am hoping it's gonna help me repair my posture over time.

I do it through my p90x. not %100 the same but I gotta reluctantly agree its amazing what it does for you. All these years of slamming heavy weights around...who knew it would be so dang hard to do.

Same here, but I never had the attention span to finish the whole hour and half. I usually stopped at the 45 minute mark. ?

Doggerdan - I'm curious to hear how you are using Bikram Yoga in your fitness plan? Is that all you're doing?

I use yoga (home based, no classes) self-myofascial release, static stretching and occasional deep-tissue massage to aid recovery and help maintain range of motion.

I have been doing it for the last 3 years, twice a week. Its a one credit class that i keep taking. The only difference is that they add heat to it. I think the room is around 100 degrees. It took me half of semester to feel confortable. I take the class with 3 of my riding buddys so is always fun.

i do it sometimes; i feel great when i'm done. besides the flexibility and muscle stabilization benefits, i think the concept of synchronizing your breathing with your athletic movements is really beneficial while riding your dirtbike. not only did it force me to breathe, but it slowed the track down and helped me concentrate on the obstacle in front of me. definately helped my flow and was able to ride a bit longer.