Stonyford Closed til Dec. 17?

Don't give up bigbob......!!!! Lot's of riding to be done before May and May - Sept is JetSki/Wakeboarding Season (Kayak season for you).

We rode at Carnegie Sunday and the traction was awesome; really sticky clay in most areas and even too slick in some areas. It was a very fun day with tons of traction and even got home in time to clean the bike up before putting it away. Also, there was a really eerie fog at the top of the hills; I know the place well and even I was getting disorientated at times.

There are places to ride depending where you live and how far you are willing to travel. We drive 2 hours to the mountains all the time and Carnegie is only about 30 minutes from my house; Sandhill for Track is only 15 minutes!!!

I know Carnegie is not the same as the Forest (and I would much rather ride Forest) but my goal is to ride dirt at least once a week even with our weather patterns this year and I have been getting in 1 and sometimes 2 times a week including Stony, Carnegie and Rock Creek in the last 2 months. Hollister is another spot that's about the same distance as Stony for me; just in the opposite direction.

Sometimes you have to see the Forest through the Trees......................

Stay positive; we are riding somewhere and no one is going to stop us (only weather stops us on rare occasions)

People complain about California all the time from other areas. In the last 7 days I rode 2x (3 in last 10 days) swam, hot-tubed with Mrs CFC, worked in garage, bought 2 more project motorcycles and made some very lucrative trades for collector items.

Servicing the 450 tomorrow and Riding somewhere on Wednesday; Hopefully hitting Stony this coming weekend if the closure is lifted but looks unlikely with storms rolling in.

Watch the weather and plan your rides accordingly.

FWIW - Carnegie is a great place to ride 1 - 2 days after a rain but not so good when it dry and dusty so when the wet weather shuts the Forests down, Carnegie Hills is usually a fun place to ride.