Sign in to follow this  

2008 YZ 250 Forks

I am looking for some forks for my YZ, mine now inside are shot and need to be replaced..any one know of any???:thumbsup:

Thanks

Are the forks you have now not fixable?

you can always check ebay. I doubt craigslist will have anything like that though. Your gonna pay a price for the 06 and up forks though since they are the newer SSS forks

Ebay - 06 and up forks are roughly $150 - 300, depending on the deal you get.

most inventory is 250f or 450f, yz stuff is more rare and usually costs more.

07 up caliper holder is different so stick with your year or verify with parts look up before you buy a 250f/450f set of forks.

so the f forks and such are different than the 2 stroke stuff?

Heavier springs to cope with the extra 4t weight i would presume.

Ebay - 06 and up forks are roughly $150 - 300, depending on the deal you get.

most inventory is 250f or 450f, yz stuff is more rare and usually costs more.

07 up caliper holder is different so stick with your year or verify with parts look up before you buy a 250f/450f set of forks.

Just use the 78mm (later) or 100mm (older type) hanger and any of the calipers wil fit straight on. I have the caliper of my 2005 fitted to 2009 YZF450 forks. It's an oversize disk so I just ordered the "braking" POW78 which is for 270mm disk on 09 YZF. Works spot on. Not dear either:thumbsup:

The spring rate and valving are different, but you will have all that of your old set so easy to match or even swop the compression stack and springs across and you will be within a few clicks of sorted.Even swop out just the internals and use your sliders. This should open up your options. :thumbsup: