09 KXF 450 or RMZ450

Looking at getting a used efi bike. Not sure which route to go!

I found a 09 kxf 450 on ebay (located 10 miles from me) that I want to go check out...asking 3700 obo...little wear on cases

I am trying to find a 09 rmz 450 but no luck :thumbsup:

what do you guys think?

That's a really good price on an 09 KX450 unless it's been beat to crap. I would go check it out, you might have a good deal on your hands. The Kawasaki has the best EFI out there, in my opinion. I rode an EFI RMZ450 and didn't like it as much.

Link to KX450 ad?

That does sound like a good deal, but I would go with the RMZ if I had a choice. Suzuki is a much better handling bike, Kawasaki has more power, but I would rather have a good handler. Kawasaki would be my second choice though. Good luck

There is a nice low hr. 09 RMZ 450 listed here on thumpertalk for $3500. It's in PA (State College) I dont know if thats to far, I've traveled 8 hrs. for a good deal before.

That's a really good price on an 09 KX450 unless it's been beat to crap. I would go check it out, you might have a good deal on your hands. The Kawasaki has the best EFI out there, in my opinion. I rode an EFI RMZ450 and didn't like it as much.

Link to KX450 ad?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160516788370&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I know it's ebay but he lives 12 miles from me! I would definitely check it out before anything. I have researched and noticed that there is handling issues with the kawi's. Either way, I have to upgrade the springs if I get a rmz or kxf (weigh 230). Has there been any issues with the efi since it's the first year?

I have an 08 and I have no complaints. Great bike. I have ridden the Kawasaki's, my friend has an 09 and they are also nice bikes but if I had my choice I would take the RMZ. That's just me.

Just found out that the kid is in top 10 14-24 class. The bike doesn't look beat up, but who knows in the engine. Anything I should check to make sure it hasn't been ridden too hard? He said this year he didn't ride it much and has under 30 hours on it.

take the clutch cover off and see if the basket has groves in it. thats about 50+ hours to do that. also the black rimms you can tell look at the edge of the rimm near the bead see how much of the black is worn off. if the front tire has black worn off that bike has alot of time on it. ans also i would never buy a used rmz. unless it had under 5 hours on it. kaw is a much better used bike.

I say find a 08.5 or 09 suzuki.

get the kxf its a real nice bike and the efi works great.

Each is there own. I think they are all good bikes, it's just a matter of preference. With any used mx bike especially the 4 strokes, it's a gamble. I think you will like what ever you get as long as it's in good shape.

Thanks for the responses.....Going to look at the bike tomorrow again..Hope it runs good and everything checks out.