Buying an 2010, 1 question:

What do I have to check to make sure they dont try to sell me an 09?

thanks in advance

If you're buying from a dealer they should have title documentation that goes with the bike. If you're buying it privately the first thing you should check is the model plate located on the upper right frame spar. This can be changed I guess, so get the VIN and check it through a Honda dealer. If the VIN is altered then you'll have more problems then just a wrong model year. If the seller of a one year old bike can't provide documention I'd move on.

If you're buying from a dealer they should have title documentation that goes with the bike. If you're buying it privately the first thing you should check is the model plate located on the upper right frame spar. This can be changed I guess, so get the VIN and check it through a Honda dealer. If the VIN is altered then you'll have more problems then just a wrong model year. If the seller of a one year old bike can't provide documention I'd move on.

In Spain we dont get documentation with these bikes, you only need the invoice; in second hand bikes a sales contract. The european bikes dont get the model plate you mean. I was looking for some kind of different part or detail I can check without taking the VIN number to a dealer.

thanks

The 10th number on the VIN should be A... not 9

exemple....

JG2PE05259K111450 ----2009

JG2PE0525AK111450 ----2010

exemple....

Great!! thanks

exemple....

Good lookin' out Dark.

I also think they changed the rad cap and moved the hook up for the remap tool.

Another tip is to look at the production-year of the rims. A 2010 bike will have 2009 rims. There will be a 3 or 4 digit (can´t remember which) stamp on the rim- f.ex. something like 1409, the last number stands for production year. An easy way to see what year older bikes are, that is if the rims are not aftermarket...

The ONLY way to be sure it's the VIN... and it's really simple so... despite everything you can add...

I went to see the bike, it was a 2010, had the A in the 10th position of its VIN. Didn't buy it anyway, it was more used than I was said.

thankyou!