Sign in to follow this  

2008 crf230f

Im wondering whether or not i should buy a Honda 2008 CRF230F for 1500. It has been bored 15 over i guess and he didnt put anything else in it when he rebuilt it.

Bored 15 over to me doesn't even sound right. I really wouldn't waste tour money on it. And I'm not sure why they would even put a piston in it since it's an 08.

I would look for something different man.

get a real bike like a 250

I agree If you can afford it get a 250. Once you start riding fast the 230 will be lacking in suspension and power.

An 08 230 should not need a rebuild. My '01 XR200 (similar engine) still had 180 PSI compression when I sold it a few days ago...Something doesn't seem right with that bike.

An 08 230 should not need a rebuild. My '01 XR200 (similar engine) still had 180 PSI compression when I sold it a few days ago...Something doesn't seem right with that bike.

yeah i know the guy that has it and stolley wants to buy it, the guy has already had to replace the forks because he jumps it all the time, and i think he just bored it out to get more power, he could have spent the money on a rear shock or fork springs which would actually be helpful

I agree If you can afford it get a 250. Once you start riding fast the 230 will be lacking in suspension and power.

i know the guy that wants to buy it and i ride with him on his ke 100 and he hauls ass on it, with a real bike he could be alot faster

i know the guy that wants to buy it and i ride with him on his ke 100 and he hauls ass on it, with a real bike he could be alot faster

I was the same way. When I had my 230 i was riding it pretty fast, but then I got my 250 and was a way faster and better rider almost right away.