I need X-Ray vision...

Me again...

2005 RM Z450

a1.jpg

I change her oil regularly,every 2 rides,which works out to about 6 hours.

I just wish there was some way to check the oil level without taking out that little bolt on the clutch cover.I cant believe it hasnt stripped yet.Does anyone know of any way to check the oil level other than this?Does anybody make a replacement cover with a sight glass? Dip stick?Tap on the cover with a screw driver?How do you check your oil??

Ya it's dumb as sh%*. There was a company making clear clutch covers for the suzuki but they discontinued them, guess it wasn't working so great. I have heard of guys that have put sight glasses in their covers so you might get brave and try that.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#liquid-level-sights/=a3wzc9

If you do , post some pics

I, too, have an '05 RM-Z and I did strip the check-hole. I tapped it and put a bigger bolt in there and sealed it up. Now I just drain the old oil very thoroughly and put in 1500 cc's and trust that it's fine until the next oil change. Bike has over 260 hours on it and it's been fine so far...

do around 5 hours I think overkill .

My bikes manual calls for like every 3 hours i think, I changed it once after like six and it still looked like just when I put it in there, But I also dont run the dog shit out of it like the factory riders it was designed for do lol