No_Brakes

Weird/creepy/funny things you've found/seen on the trail

I found some dog heads and pig heads on stakes arranged in a large circle. it was when I was really young with my father. probably 7 years old on dirt bikes. really freaked me out. never went there again. it was in Louisiana. there were a bunch of abandoned concrete buildings . wont ever forget it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, swamp123 said:

I found some dog heads and pig heads on stakes arranged in a large circle. it was when I was really young with my father. probably 7 years old on dirt bikes. really freaked me out. never went there again. it was in Louisiana. there were a bunch of abandoned concrete buildings . wont ever forget it.

I need a address so I too never go there, that is freaking freaky

Welcome to Louisiana! Anywhere near Slidell?

On 7/12/2019 at 6:17 AM, Smoking 2's said:

That is so wrong!

lets get this alive again.

we rode to another plane crash in the trees. I now know of 2 crashed planes in the bushes within 1 hour of my house.  this one went down in 1982, not much left of it.    the other one went down in 1950s I believe.

68635039-10162356101075615-3326068355294

68734891-10162356101405615-4421497303123

68751010-10162356101345615-6879789910220

Capture.png

Plane-Crash.jpg

Parrish-X-6096.jpg

Edited by cdf450
  • Like 5
  • Helpful 1

13 hours ago, cdf450 said:

lets get this alive again.

we rode to another plane crash in the trees. I now know of 2 crashed planes in the bushes within 1 hour of my house.  this one went down in 1982, not much left of it.    the other one went down in 1950s I believe.

68635039-10162356101075615-3326068355294

68734891-10162356101405615-4421497303123

68751010-10162356101345615-6879789910220

Capture.png

Plane-Crash.jpg

Parrish-X-6096.jpg

Can you look up passenger plane numbers on line in Canada?  In the US, you can see a lot of the ownership history, etc.

Sorry no pic. Went on a night ride Friday (thread below if you are interested) . So riding along at maybe 2:30 AM or so and the trail does one of those little jags where it follows the contour of the hill in to a drainage and forms a little "v" in the trail. I catch out of the corner of my, eye (I should have stopped and snapped a pic), four very large white mushrooms aligned and spaced perfectly on a log spanning the the litte "v" ravine. Almost like someone, or something put theme there they were so orderly and neatly lined up.  On one break I all of a sudden had a creepy feeling come over me that I was being watched. Mind tricks in the middle of the forest, in the middle of the  night 40 miles from the nearest town.

• Like 2

Can you look up passenger plane numbers on line in Canada?  In the US, you can see a lot of the ownership history, etc.

yes, apparently some guy on snowandmud.com already did and this is what he said "The plane crashed in 1982. From what I can gather. I took the planes registration number and searched it up. It is currently assigned to an active plane in Ontario. So I went to the history archives and found that it was registered to a Cessna 172 from years 1977-1982. Unfortunately I cannot find anything about the crash."

I went to the plane crash in Coleman again today. Got a few pics

IMG_2624.JPGIMG_2625.JPGIMG_2622.JPG

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, cdf450 said:

yes, apparently some guy on snowandmud.com already did and this is what he said "The plane crashed in 1982. From what I can gather. I took the planes registration number and searched it up. It is currently assigned to an active plane in Ontario. So I went to the history archives and found that it was registered to a Cessna 172 from years 1977-1982. Unfortunately I cannot find anything about the crash."

I went to the plane crash in Coleman again today. Got a few pics

IMG_2624.JPGIMG_2625.JPGIMG_2622.JPG

Looks like it's been thru a lot of target practice too.

On 12/31/2016 at 6:52 PM, KaToomTime said:

Ok this isn't creepy, but it is always weird to come across massive blow down of mature evergreen trees. I wish I took a picture. We dropped down into the West Fork Teanaway from the top - Jolly Mt. side in September of this year, and a mile or so in on the opposite hill across the river (more like a creek at that point) it was like a tornado hit. 5+ acres of huge evergreens blown over scattered like match sticks all over the sdie of the hill.  It is quite a sight to see something like that. We will get high winds on occasion in the NW and for what ever reason super-high winds will concentrate in one area and uproot dozens and dozens of trees. Maybe it is a funnel effect, as a large volume of air is funneled up the valley is compresses and speeds up (or something...)  There is another example of this on HWY 410 in Federation Forest State Park, massive evergreens uprooted and tossed over. Pretty sure I will be back on the Teanaway next summer will snap a pic then and share it.

I hiked into the middle of one of those blow down areas while hunting once.  It was miserable lol.  I always figured it was a “down burst” that caused those.

6 hours ago, motoxvet said:

Looks like it's been thru a lot of target practice too.

Lots of ignorant people in the world...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JefeRotacion said:
15 hours ago, RichBaker said:

Why wouldn't you shoot up a downed plane?

Great minds think alike.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JefeRotacion said:
15 hours ago, RichBaker said:

Why wouldn't you shoot up a downed plane?

Maybe that’s the REAL reason why it crashed. 

• Like 2

It’s been there for 75 years. Stuff used to be different in the 50s, 60s, etc. They used to have big bush parties there in the 60s and 70s and stuff. “Shell oil party ‘61” is painted on the bottom back when shell guys were allowed to have fun and lives outside of work. Back when Drinking and driving was encouraged, key chains had bottle openers on them, and when shooting guns in the back country didn’t get swat teams called on you.

Guarantee it was a quadder or Jeep owner that did that. Every sign in the area seems to have bullet holes in it too. There’s been tens of thousands of idiots visit that crash site in the last century. I don’t get gun guys to begin with, can’t leave home without their precious guns because they’re so scared, let alone shooting them at anything that’ll take a bullet.

What REALLY pisses me off is the black spray paint from “Clint, tony, Jason, and dion” that was recently done. Fking idiots. I’d like to drag them up there behind my bike and bash their heads off the plane for doing that. A small little 1x1” carving of your name as tradition isn’t a big deal (names scraped in there from the 50s and 60s. Good licking finding a single, bare, square inch of surface), but taking spray paint and doing that is too much. I wish they’d get charged for that.

Also, the &%$#@! that busted down the big green sign indicating what happened, I’d bet money it wasn’t bikers that did that.  this is what the sign looks like after being repaired, along with an additional plaque for one of the guys who died.

Capture.png

extra-large-5df75f46c74178adda72e522d00e

Edited by cdf450
  • Like 4

heres a few more pics of random parts scattered around the area.   there is also a water fall behind the tail section of the plane, and there is also the "gargantua" cave system about 200 meters from the plane.  the cave entrance is visible from the crash site.  one of the longest (or is it deepest?) cave systems in canada.  all within a stones throw really.  its actually a very nice spot, despite what happened there.  the cave gas 5 rappels, the longest of which is about 58 feet and It contains the largest natural cavern in Canada at 290m long, 30m wide and 25m high. "When we got to the 3rd repel I had a very scary experience. On this repel you can fall into the abyss unless you hit this ledge". at the end, you need to bust (or walk if its summer) through an ice waterfall.     a school once went into the cave as a field trip, they couldnt break through the ice and got stuck in the cave overnight!!!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/students-rescued-after-spending-night-in-mountain-cave-1.323918

100-3761-Medium.jpg

2820273646-707e2bbb14-b.jpg

450px-Dakota-Plane-Crash-propeller-28194

maxresdefault.jpg

IMG-6529.jpg

1133.png

36.png

IMG-0769.jpg

IMG-0851.jpg

3rd repel here, you can see the black hole that you can fall into if you miss the ledge... scary stuff.

Me-on-3rd-repel.jpg

IMG-0814.jpg

IMG-0846.jpg

IMG-0769.jpg

IMG-0851.jpg

Edited by cdf450
  • Like 5

It’s been there for 75 years. Stuff used to be different in the 50s, 60s, etc. They used to have big bush parties there in the 60s and 70s and stuff. “Shell oil party ‘61” is painted on the bottom back when shell guys were allowed to have fun and lives outside of work. Back when Drinking and driving was encouraged, key chains had bottle openers on them, and when shooting guns in the back country didn’t get swat teams called on you.

Guarantee it was a quadder or Jeep owner that did that. Every sign in the area seems to have bullet holes in it too. There’s been tens of thousands of idiots visit that crash site in the last century. I don’t get gun guys to begin with, can’t leave home without their precious guns because they’re so scared, let alone shooting them at anything that’ll take a bullet.

What REALLY pisses me off is the black spray paint from “Clint, tony, Jason, and dion” that was recently done. Fking idiots. I’d like to drag them up there behind my bike and bash their heads off the plane for doing that. A small little 1x1” carving of your name as tradition isn’t a big deal (names scraped in there from the 50s and 60s. Good licking finding a single, bare, square inch of surface), but taking spray paint and doing that is too much. I wish they’d get charged for that.

Also, the &%$#@! that busted down the big green sign indicating what happened, I’d bet money it wasn’t bikers that did that.  this is what the sign looks like after being repaired, along with an additional plaque for one of the guys who died.
Capture.png&key=075ab5d72ae5967c6446abad59d8547b28f8de273e751d24459bb028e8774c15
extra-large-5df75f46c74178adda72e522d00e158b.jpg&key=b1b2ce0c6ac304db7e9a23f3b7bc9404c92f41220686296c10e7bbe1dbebb4ec

Wot M8t!? We carry firearms because we can and because they're fun to aerate stuff with lol. You're way 2 serious, maybe get your blood pressure checked out. Cheers!

Wot M8t!? We carry firearms because we can and because they're fun to aerate stuff with lol. You're way 2 serious, maybe get your blood pressure checked out. Cheers!

So you feel like you can act like a complete moron and shoot everything up that you see just because you can? I absolutely hate people who feel like they some god given right to do whatever the hell they want, with no regard for anyone else, anywhere they feel like. You have no business doing that. Go buy your own piece of land and shoot the shit out of junk on your own property if you just have to act that way. Some of you gun guys are ridiculous.
  • Like 4

1.So you feel like you can act like a complete moron and shoot everything up that you see just because you can? I absolutely hate people who feel like they some 2. god given right to do whatever the hell they want, with no 3.regard for anyone else, anywhere they feel like. You have no business doing that. 4.Go buy your own piece of land and shoot the shit out of junk on your own property if you just have to act that way. 5.Some of you gun guys are ridiculous.

1.Yes.
2. Americans all have God Given Rights, that's what our republic was founded for.
3. How does shooting litter on public land disregard others?
4. It's public land, here in America we own it, not the Crown lol.
5. I'm not a "gun guy" any more than you are, you're totemizing an object to transfer your surfeit of feelings onto. I realize this is the internet but go ahead and take a deep breath and try to behave like I'm a real person. You'd love me irl, I'm very charming.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JefeRotacion said:

1.Yes.
2. Americans all have God Given Rights, that's what our republic was founded for.
3. How does shooting litter on public land disregard others?
4. It's public land, here in America we own it, not the Crown lol.
5. I'm not a "gun guy" any more than you are, you're totemizing an object to transfer your surfeit of feelings onto. I realize this is the internet but go ahead and take a deep breath and try to behave like I'm a real person. You'd love me irl, I'm very charming.

I have to admit, he is the most charming person I've never met. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1