No_Brakes

Weird/creepy/funny things you've found/seen on the trail

alright I've got one. Just the other day I was riding with some friends. They said this was a legitimate area to ride, but later I found out it was government property, and the actual entrance (we just went through my buddy's back yard right into the property) was covered with no trespassing signs. I was a little pissed, especially since the signs said we could've been arrested. But that's not the weird part. So after we rode like 20 mins on some two track, I noticed something shiny in the woods. I waved for them to stop and we went and investigated. There was like 30 cars neatly lined in rows. this was strange because I saw no way for them to get there, this was probably 100 yards off the two track mind you. Also, I recognized a 2004 silverado among-st the cars. Way to new to be left there and had mature woods grow around it. Seriously, these were some really dense hardwoods, I saw absolutely no way the cars got there. Also there was a lot of graffiti saying "Michigan militia .Anyway I saw some old guy in a chair. He was either asleep or dead. I assumed asleep since we weren't being real loud and he couldve easily taken a nap through me and my friends walking around. We rushed back to our bikes and kept going down the two track. We ran into a massive substation, like it probably took up 5 acres and it had a loud humming and zzzz sound coming from it. At that point I was like, ok there's no way were allowed to ride here. They insisted that they rode here all the time, I was like, probably not legally I rode up a gravel road coming from the substation. they said they haven't been up there before. I found the entrance to land just a half mile up the gravel road, and sure enough there was a huge fence with barbed wire. I could stick my head through the gate to read the signs, they were something like "Government property, No trespassing what so ever, legal action and possible jail time can result of disobeying" I turned and looked at my friends and I was like "You guys are some dumb@$$es" Then we rode back down the two track, then to their makeshift trail back to my buddy's yard. If we would've been arrested I would have been so pissed.

Pics/video or it didn't happen! :p

So after we rode like 20 mins on some two track, I noticed something shiny in the woods. I waved for them to stop and we went and investigated. There was like 30 cars neatly lined in rows. this was strange because I saw no way for them to get there, this was probably 100 yards off the two track mind you. Also, I recognized a 2004 silverado among-st the cars. Way to new to be left there and had mature woods grow around it. Seriously, these were some really dense hardwoods, I saw absolutely no way the cars got there.

Have you looked at it on Google Maps/satellite?

Edited by Jim_B

Well i don't have coordinates, however, if you search this it'll bring you pretty close. Meijer, 3333 E Michigan Ave, Jackson, Michigan 49202 . We were in that big area behind meijer. Oh and a bit of a disclaimer, It's extremely obvious how the cars got there, I have no idea how I didn't see the road. Maybe when I looked in that direction there were cars in the way? Maybe I didn't look in that direction? No idea.

cant say Ive found anything strange........... im hoping to read that someone has found a Alpinestar sock with some "Mud Streaks" on it at Knoxville near Berryessa!!!

I think i still have a blister from riding out with no sock..... :lol:

• Like 2

cant say Ive found anything strange........... im hoping to read that someone has found a Alpinestar sock with some "Mud Streaks" on it at Knoxville near Berryessa!!!

I think i still have a blister from riding out with no sock..... :lol:

Lol. That's funny!

Last week I came across a grave/memorial made of stone on the side of the road. The cross says R.I.P. BUBBA. There were bits of car parts laying beside the rocks as if they were involved in the accident. Very sad to see this.

1365342223542.jpg

Well lets see. There's the car. All doors ripped off. We approached, dogs started barking In the distance. So we booked it.

I found a bottle of whipped cream too. Old, rusted...still full.

I ran over a tack. Mustve come far to get back there.

Oh and we kinda found this train...sort of. :ride:

1365358927428.jpg

1365359002063.jpg

1365359040174.jpg

1365359065130.jpg

• Like 1

We once ran across some skinned out dogs in trash bags on a state forest. We reported it to park rangers.

• Like 1

We once ran across some skinned out dogs in trash bags on a state forest. We reported it to park rangers.

Extremely weird. Wow.

Good idea guys, ill see if I can find it on google earth right now.

Where in MI were you riding? West, East, Northern or in the UP? I'm guessing in the East or South? Cause everywhere else there are legal trails. :lol:
  • Like 1

A group of us went night riding at HWY 90 in Crosby, TX (ATV's) with our wives on the back and got lost. While driving around looking for the main trails at probably 2 or 3 AM, we came across a shrine of some sort. There were about 50 of those catholic Jesus candles in a perfect circle, with a fire burning smack in the middle. The fire was freshly made as none of the logs were burnt, and there was a single, old wooden chair facing the fire. Not a soul in sight. My wife was FREAKED out and was crying. Never saw anyone....weird.

• Like 1

Our local club used to have strippers and a pole deep in the woods at one of the races....that didn't last long :)

With the crappy weather we have, I can understand why.

This last Sunday me and some buds were flying on a trail in the woods on a coal mine. We seen an older man standing in the woods with a shovel, but we kept moving. later on, on our way back we stopped where we seen him to see what he was doing. we found a beaten golden retriever. dead and smashed up from the shovel.

This last Sunday me and some buds were flying on a trail in the woods on a coal mine. We seen an older man standing in the woods with a shovel, but we kept moving. later on, on our way back we stopped where we seen him to see what he was doing. we found a beaten golden retriever. dead and smashed up from the shovel.

If I had caught him doing it, I would have beat his skull in....filth of the world.

• Like 2

And this is why I carry. Scum of the earth

My guess is that he was putting it out of its Missouri but if that was the case he should of done with a little bit more respect. Like a shot gun slug (might be to big) or a .22 not a freaking shovel.

• Like 1