husaberg fe570s.v ktm 530 exc

I've ridden both and like the Berg better. The motor is SWEET in the Berg and the EFI is excellent. Great bike. The KTM is good to but the Berg has a funner motor and feels more refined and modern to me.

+1 and there are some really good deals out there on 2010 Husabergs....

The Husaberg MSRP is a bit more than the KTM, but you may need to do less to it to make it work for you. Plus the 2010 deals are really nice if you can still find one.

The tank is small, but the fuel efficiency is really good with the EFI. I just picked up an FE450 and others report anywhere from 70+ to over 100 miles per tank, depending on riding speed and conditions.

I considered the subframe tank until I heard that most get over 30 mpg. So I bought a siphon hose instead - many of my riding buddies have huge tanks. I am not aware of any aftermarket tanks that will fit the new Bergs - at least not yet.

I was planning on buying a KTM 450 until I learned more about the Bergs, and it won me over.

well I have both and the berg is far better like above post stated you just have to do less with the berg main thing's are re- map and de-smog it then gear it down 42 is just to high and add the 70% tank I just put 200 miles on it this week end and am loving it

Still like the Berg:

I know the R&D guy from KTM who did the final testing on the HUSABERG. That thing is awesome. The new engine design makes it turn like a motocrosser. It does use a lot of KTM so its not as exotic as it seems. HE won the 30+ the first time he took it to the track (against 450 mxers) and said it turns liee a mini bike in the trails. The CG is so centralized on the bike it rides like its on a swivel. I was thinking if a stack of $100 bills hit me on the head one day, I would have myself a 570.

If you can swing it check out the Berg, you wont be disappointed.

I have a 570, it's hands down the best bike I've ever owned.

It turns really well for its weight, I love riding it, flat out or technical it makes it easy.

The motor is great, efi lets you dial in what you want when you want it.

That said I'm sure a wouldn't have been disappointed with a new KTM.

several solutions including this Safari model and rear tank too...

940.jpg

or the sub frame tank...

IMG_0511.JPG

Just curious ?

Why do you need to carry so much fuel ?? That amount of fuel and the associated weight must take away a lot of the handling greatness of this bike.

My 2010 570 gets about 145 km to dead empty, plus I carry 3 extra litres in small foldable plastic bottle that I empty as I go. This gives me a range of approx 200 km's, which unless in a massive enduro event should cover 99% of peoples riding ?

Where do you ride that you need so much extra fuel ? JUst curious, not critizing you ?