Sign in to follow this  

California Bay Area Rider Pool

If you live in the SF Bay area and are looking for people to ride with we should start a club/ riding pool. I have a few friends I ride with but often schedules don't work out. Anyone who is interested in tring this out let me know. We can set up email contact list or just use the private messages on here. Anyone interested send me a message and I will make a list of names to distribute to all who wish to be on it. Take Care for now.

Hey motojunkiedan - I've been thinking about doing this too. I'd like to get on the list or in the club. whatever ends up happening to corral guys for rides. I'm in SF and am into going Penny Pines, Stonyford, Holllister and the like when conditions are good. I was even going to go to Metcalf today, but it's closed down for us.

SBR has a lot more local folks. Just ignore any MX douchbaggery if you happen to get that vibe...

SBR has a lot more local folks. Just ignore any MX douchbaggery if you happen to get that vibe...

Thanks I ride both MX and trail so shouldn't be too much of a problem. I do hate douchbaggery though. Love the word thanks for that.

I know this thread is old but you should take a look at tbsad.org it's a local club with riding trips planned every month

shoot with gas prices the way they are, we should start a thread like this for sacramento area riders.. im bout to sell my truck and get a subaru brat!

SFDirtBikes was started on Yahoo groups. It died off, but can be brought back to life.

DIRTY BARF is another local website.

I"m up in the North Bay.

shoot with gas prices the way they are, we should start a thread like this for sacramento area riders.. im bout to sell my truck and get a subaru brat!

I'm down for a Sacramento group.

• Like 1

Been getting fed up with SBR for quite a while now, and it seems like others are too, based on the lack of input from the old timers and skilled riders. Looking for a new forum to use... not real happy with TT of course, but it's a good 'ol standby. BARF seems to be focused on street riding and ADV Rider is OK... but it's too easy to get lost over there. Then again, maybe the problem is that most of the good riding in Cali is freaking closed! CA is getting suckier and suckier, in every way, day by day. Thanks for listening, rant over. :ride:

I was at Metcalf yesterday. :devil:

Try www.southbayriders.com

Much more action there for Bay Area riding...

Been getting fed up with SBR for quite a while now, and it seems like others are too, based on the lack of input from the old timers and skilled riders. Looking for a new forum to use... not real happy with TT of course, but it's a good 'ol standby. BARF seems to be focused on street riding and ADV Rider is OK... but it's too easy to get lost over there. Then again, maybe the problem is that most of the good riding in Cali is freaking closed! CA is getting suckier and suckier, in every way, day by day. Thanks for listening, rant over. :devil:

What input are old timers and skilled riders supposed to provide on a public forum?

• Like 1

What input are old timers and skilled riders supposed to provide on a public forum?

Go Ride! What else is there to say?

That's a great question, thanks for asking. I was able to mull it over for a couple hours as I was driving through the Mojave yesterday on 15,, passing ZZYZX Rd, Basin, Afton Canyon, looking out the rolled down windows at the endless expanse of desert, whispering to me to come explore. Remembering all the times I'd been out there. I tried to reply at the time, but despite cruise control, I quickly realized that driving by brail my not be the smartest maneuver. :ride:

Yep, the above poster hit the nail on the head... bottom line is, we overly experienced skilled old timers just need to stop by once in a while, just to let the world know that we aren't dead yet, call a ride, and then keep doing what we do. We've been there and back a thousand times, had a hundred women and many bikes (did I get that ratio correct?) and there isn't much to say after all that. So I'll just try to keep my mouth shut and look for the next big adventure, wether it be a race or a ride up a new mountain trail. After all these years and all those miles, there isn't much to say, except, "let's ride, we're buring daylight".

:devil:

• Like 2

Just a simple observation. Correct me if I got it wrong.

This forum was MADE to exchange info. If we are reluctant to post a ride, or even a comment, because of some anonymous fella on the INTERNET not liking it or calling you names. Who wins? Sure we can be intelligent about it, but being forced into a PM accomplishes what?

Your idea is seen by a fraction of the viewing riders, you meet less people, you learn less, but you avoid any nasty comments. Much easier.

You know what a Troll sounds like. I know what a Troll sounds like. It's no mystery to anyone what a Troll sounds like. It's an unfortunate fact of life............ There are Trolls everywhere.

Relax, Don't worry.................................. :ride:

It's going to be 96* this weekend. I ain't riding. Lounging by the pool is more my style. :devil:

Snap_2012.06.13%252015.35.42_001.jpg

The National Weather Service is forecasting a high of 103 degrees in Sacramento on Saturday.

That would be the highest temperature of the year. The unseasonably hot conditions are due to a high pressure system pushing in from the Pacific Ocean.

Daytime highs throughout the Central Valley, the foothills and the mountains are forecast to reach 10 to 15 degrees above normal this

P.S. I know that guy!

Edited by superslyko

Ya, but if you acknowledge a troll by replying, you feed it. Best to ignore it. I ain't dirt biking because I don't want to drive 4 hours each way and I've rode Hollister too many times in my life to get excited about it. Oh well, been riding too much lately anyway and my knobbies are toast. Gotta get some bike maintenance done, so its all good!

In all seriousness, I was under the impression this was a forum started by someone looking for riding buddies. I took to TT looking for people to ride with. VERY fortunately for me I read a thread talking about the OTHG (Over The Hill Gang). NOT the Old Timer's. I looked up OTHG (Sierra OTHG to be exact) and found exactly what I was looking for...people to ride with and experienced riders helping out the inexperienced riders.

The OTHG has four or five different chapters throughout CA and even one in Reno. The Sac area has Sierra OTHG (www.sierraothg.com), the Bay area has their own (www.bayothg.com), etc. Each OTHG schedules one or two races a month and they have "gang" practice days at different tracks throughout the month as well. Anyway, you don't necessarily have to race but I've met lots of cool people of all skill levels and they give me lots of advice and tips on how to become a better rider. Being a total beginner, I feel this type of encouragement and instruction from others without the "douchebagery" is priceless. If you're like me, I highly recommend looking up the OTHG for your area. I've had more fun riding and learning how to be a better rider since I've joined then I ever had before. If you do, look me up (XYnurse256s).

If you want more info, PM me or reply below.

That's just my two cents...I hope it helps.