Need to borrow a flywheel puller

I had mine flywheel pulled in a local atv shop. Mechanic said that he used ltr-450 puller.. i guess many bigger suzukis have same thread.

It is a M38 X 1.5 R.H. internal thread puller... Fits Arctic Cat DVX 400 04-07

, Kawasaki KLX 400, KSF 400 03-06, Suzuki AN 400 03-07, DR-Z250 01-07, LTZ90 07, LTZ250 04-07, LTF300F 99-01, DR-Z400 (all) 2000-2010, LT-Z400 03-07, LTR450 06-08.

And probable more.

Wondering if you couldn't to a shop and borrow they're puller as long as you put down a refundable deposit

Not much of a chance.... if your sleeping with the shop manager and or beer drinking buddies with the owner maybe :excuseme: Flywheel pullers are often shop property, or in some shops the techs personal property... Techs and shop owners are not known for loaning out tools...

to the OP.. buy the tool, use it,,, sell it here in the classifieds or Ebay for better then 50% of your cost.

I buy lots of specialty tools like that, owners bought and used once, or sold the bike...

Wondering if you couldn't to a shop and borrow theyre puller as long as you put down a refundable deposit

I used to be a mechanic and would never part with one of my tools. I did 1 time for this BASTARD named Robbie Gordon. he asked if I could borrow a phillip's screw driver for just a second for his boat in the parking lot. I figure it's "Robbie Gordon" I'll make a one time exception because of who it is and he's promising to be right back. Never saw the liar again but someday I will. A CURSE ON THE LYING BASTARD'S RACING CAREER UNTIL IT'S RETURNED!

id pull the rotor for free instead of ever thinking of loaning my factory suzuki puller out. it costs 4 times what the motion pro unit does.

:busted: I have the cheap puller and have done the same thing a few times... were talking 10 sec of time if the cover is off... Takes me longer to walk to the special tool roll away and get the tool, then to remove the rotor. :excuseme:

You always have two choices. Pay someone to do it or buy the tool. When you buy the tool, you save the labour cost. Think of it as getting a free tool that you can use again. That's the rationale I have used to build my collection of tools....

I loaned out my flywheel puller a few years ago to a good TT member. He got it and reutrned it and another tool. Well USPS mangled the box and the puller never made it back to me. The TT member bought me a new one.

Moral is, had it bought his own instead of borrowing mine, he'd still have it. Instead he ended up having to buy me a new one and had nothing to show for his $60.00 (more if you include all the postage) but a flywheel in his hands.