When will the 3.5L Ecoboost be available in the F150?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Redneck... The only Tundra's that get 11 mpg are the ones left in 4WD all the time. Most Tundra owners see 14 in the city and 16-18 on the highway...

nope, it is not left in 4wd.

14 city and 18 highway is completely horrible, are you happy with this?

the tundra is a POS. Every person I talk to that has one hates it and wishes they never bought one.

Clearly you don't figure in gear ratio's either. The Tundra has a 4.30 gear and what is Furd's stump puller?.. a 3.73?...? Yes, clearly one was built for pulling.

wow, 4:30's in a stock truck? either they have towing in mind or they just need the low gears to make their motor seem powerful:busted:

I guess since it raised the bar and set the standard in 07, its what everybody has to compare there products to.

yes, the tundra is an absolutely amazing truck that blows every other truck out of the water. everything else is just pointless:thumbsup:

nope, it is not left in 4wd.

the tundra is a POS. Every person I talk to that has one hates it and wishes they never bought one.

Guy I went to school with bought a 2 year old model from an older gentleman, 3 months later the bottom of the tailgate was rusted along with the rear driver's fender and the tailgate bowed out loading an oil drum lol. Sold it a month after and bought a Silverado, has had it happily since.

ok read throuth this whole thread and lots of off topic stuff written. i googled the 2011 ford ecoboost and found this

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2008/112_0812_2011_ford_f_150_ecoboost_engine/index.html

now, yes im a chevy guy, but a few things dont add up. first, ppl are saying this truck is revolutionary for the same power as a v8 and better gas milage. this article says ford claims 16-18 mpgs..... in my 06 1500silverado i get 18 when i pull my 20' boat to the lake.... no weight i get 20-21 depeding on the wind. also i do all highway/interstate driving. seems like my v8 is better on fuel economy 6 years ago? and isnt the new epa sayin all new trucks need to be over 20 mpg's neway?

Yeah... I'm happy with it. I bought it to pull my f***in boat, it does that well. I have a Lexus IS250 that I can drive if I'm concerned about mileage.

Words of a complete idiot. You just talked to a guy who loves his. ?

wow, 4:30's in a stock truck? either they have towing in mind or they just need the low gears to make their motor seem powerful:busted:

Yep... all the 4x4 Tundra's have the 4:30. And it really shines on a boat ramp with a 5000lb boat behind you. ?

Yeah... I'm happy with it. I bought it to pull my f***in boat, it does that well. I have a Lexus IS250 that I can drive if I'm concerned about mileage.

Words of a complete idiot. You just talked to a guy who loves his. ?

I had a 1977 f150 with a 390 big block, a leaking carb, and a 4 spd with creeper 1st gear and it got 12 mpg where I live. With the new stuff, 20 mpg should be possible, IMO. For new trucks to be at 14 or so in the city and barely 20 on the highway is crazy.

I did not talk to you, I typed to you. It is completely different.?

But I stand by my statement, the tundra may look decent but other than that it is a POS. :ride:

I had a 1977 f150 with a 390 big block, a leaking carb, and a 4 spd with creeper 1st gear and it got 12 mpg where I live. With the new stuff, 20 mpg should be possible, IMO. For new trucks to be at 14 or so in the city and barely 20 on the highway is crazy.

I did not talk to you, I typed to you. It is completely different. ?

But I stand by my statement, the tundra may look decent but other than that it is a POS. :ride:

A 77 model... awesome! A leaky carb?... even better!! I think your the one with the POS. ?

his point is very valid

to top it off, semi trucks hall huge loads and get pretty good mpg all things considered

No, his point isn't valid. You can't even compare the performance differences with a 77 model and a 2011. 2011 1/2 tons make more horsepower than ever before, more usable torque, come with gears that drag racers use in the 1/8th mile, pull more weight, and have all the comforts of a luxury car. Since you can't compare the performance differences, you sure as hell can't compare the fuel economy differences either. Sorry, you just can't buy a truck that will pull 11,000 lbs ......and get 30 mpg.

Your point isn't valid either. Which semi is gas powered? ?

Yep... all the 4x4 Tundra's have the 4:30. And it really shines on a boat ramp with a 5000lb boat behind you. ?

Since when is a 5,000 lb boat even considered a load to tow with a full sized truck.

How is it pulling a 12,000 pound travel trailer, or equipment trailer with a skid steer, 2 buckets, hoe attachment.

And in the truck box is a full tidy tank, and 500 pounds of tool boxes and tools.

Heck a 4 cylinder ranger can pull 5,000 lbs.