Flywheeler puller?

Hi,

does anyone knows the size of the flywheel puller tool for a KX250F 2008 ? Like 27 x 1.0 lefthand, or something like that.

The Kawi repair manual only shows the parts # for the Kawi tools.

I likte to change the piston and camchain, and think i need to pull the flywheel to align the camchain to the crank sproket.

Thanks for your help,

Hagen

Thanks D-K,

unfortunately my lathe is so clapped out, i could never do a good 24 x 1.5 right hand inner thread.

I ordered the # 5380 Buzzetti tool, it even comes with a savety guard for the crank end, for 25 €.

But kudos to your machine shop.

Hagen

• 1 year later...

I may be out in left field on this but will a KTM or Honda flywheel puller work on a KX250F? A friend has both and has used them on an 03 CR250 and an 07 250SXF. No I am not being lazy haha The reason I ask is today is the only chance I have to find a puller for my bike, if the other two pullers won't work.

Gotta love work!

Thanks guys ?

Lol, just noticed I put "flywheeler" haha ? I know the specs of of the puller and all the 4t pullers will work.. well, the YZF, CRF, KXF, RMZ's anyway. I'm going to try to find one today at a local shop to pick up. If not, I guess I'll be creating my own if one of the two don't work.

I'm hoping for the best.

Buy this set and never worry about having the right one again...

pitposse_2138_19101350

$70 from Pit Posse

Qty:

Posse Combination Flywheel Puller Driver Set

10 piece kit serves 15 different applications. All applications except M27 have right hand threads.

* Case included

* Sizes as follows:

* M14x1.5, M16x1.5, M18x1.5, M19x1.0, M20x1.0, M27x1.25, M22x1.0, M25x1.5, M22x1.5, M26x1.5, M24x1.0, M27x1.0, M26x1.0, M28x1.0, M28x1.5

Don't some bike require something extra besides the right thread?

I think Honda crf450 have an oil port at the end of the crank and need some special fitting (or so I heard) I've never pulled a flywheel off of my bike so I have a hard time getting a mental picture of what the Honda puller looks like)

Don't some bike require something extra besides the right thread?

I think Honda crf450 have an oil port at the end of the crank and need some special fitting (or so I heard)

The Honda's have a brass bushing pressed into the end of the crank on the flywheel side where the oil is fed to the crank. The "special tool" is just a cap that threads onto the end of the crank to protect the brass part from the puller. The Kawi crank gets the oil from the clutch side.

I usually don´t work on Honda´s, but someone said that their flywheelererer thread is an inside thread in the flywheel.

Which would require an inverted puller that has the the thread on the outside?

Or is it the same as Kawi´s?

Not sure yet D-K, over the weekend I will be pulling mine so I will see. I described what I need to my friend who has the puller for the Honda and he said that's the exact same as his. Only thing that throws me off is when you search for the puller on the web, it basically says all 4 stroke MX bikes are the same, except KTM. Nothing about the 2t bikes being the same.