Are you ready for A Duel Sport CRFX???? Take this survey then..

I don't believe the 450X would pass emissions in its current form. Would need some sort of catalytic converter and cannister assembly for street wouldn't it?

I love the idea of a street legal 450x, and I did fill out the form, but I don't know how much I'd be willing to give up on current performance, weight, etc. to get the street version. I think it would just end up being an overly heavy, underpowered bike compared to the current X.

I suspect that Honda is going to go along with the hints in the questionaire and get their toes wet with the small electric bike and continue to ignore the performance-oriented dual-sport market KTM and Husqvarna currently participate in.

The closest they'll get is maybe one day they look to dual-sport with a full-sized electric model when the battery tech, etc. gets there.

I had a plated X for awhile and have to admit that it certainly was cool, but I don't have plans to go through the cost/hassle to try and plate my new '09 450X.

Have you ridden a KTM EXC 450/530.. I have and granted, they are not as light or powerful as my CFR R, or an X,, but it IS a great dirt bike with a plate! I guess I should of titled the tread " X with a plate" cause thats all I want, A DIRT bike plated!.... I don't want a totally redesigned fat street pig with knobbies, that is built to last 100,000 miles... I think they could increase oil capacity, plate it, and sell the crap out of them ..... ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would I want a factory dual sport based on the CRFX? So I can have a heavier, slower, less power and more choked up CRF450X? It's so easy to dual sport the X, I've got a stripped down BD kit on mine and it rolls just fine. Last thing I want is more beauracracy adding more weight, less power and more restrictions on this platform.

Why would I want a factory dual sport based on the CRFX? So I can have a heavier, slower, less power and more choked up CRF450X? It's so easy to dual sport the X, I've got a stripped down BD kit on mine and it rolls just fine. Last thing I want is more beauracracy adding more weight, less power and more restrictions on this platform.

You live in a Off road friendly state, most of us are not that lucky. A ds X for you means nothing as u could probably plate an R there... Everyone seams to think the X is gonna gain huge amounts of weight. I bet horn, blinkers, chain guard, and 1 or 2 more things I'm probably forgeting about, and then pay the C.A.R.B for the certificate, its done...

No it's not!

It's so much easier to un-dual sport a bike?

• 2 weeks later...
Add the mitten to that list!

Michigan!

oh and maybe MS, where my plated X was title originally?

Yup, lets keep what we got and never wish for anything new from Honda! Regulations are going to keep boning us if we cannot register our 450X's legally or renew them. I wonder how many loyal Honda riders will jump ship and drink the "orange kool-aid"? Or buy the first updated dual sport from one of the four Japanese manufacturers.

How about something along the lines of this, weights good. Passing emissions with a 39mm Kehin. Six speed, back up kick starter. I am assuming when it has fuel and oil the weight would be comparable to the X?

http://www.americanbeta.com/dealer-specpage/Enduro%20specs/rs525specspage.html

http://www.americanbeta.com/album/2011RSPics/album/index.html#slides/RS%20rh%20side.jpg

This really is only about a 1K more over a CRF450X

http://powersports.honda.com/2009/crf450x.aspx