Sign in to follow this  

still competetive?

i have an 05 that i love. but wanted a newer model. my 05 is cherry but cant sell it. so im getting ready to do a complete rebuild. connecting rod top end, oil seals and having the cylinder done. is there any reason with the right maintenence and after market goodies that an 05 cant still be competetive?

i have an 05 that i love. but wanted a newer model. my 05 is cherry but cant sell it. so im getting ready to do a complete rebuild. connecting rod top end, oil seals and having the cylinder done. is there any reason with the right maintenence and after market goodies that an 05 cant still be competetive?

Nope no reason an '05 can't be competitive with the newer bikes, unless you go up against a faster riders!

Has almost nothing to do with the bike all about the rider. Your bike will be fine. Good luck.

I have a 05 and I race mx,the bike is very competitive

Its about the rider and if you have the bike set up for you

I have rode my buddys 07 crf-450 a 11 Ktm sx450 ,I like my Rmz better

There is no disadvantage with your 05

I loved my 06. Part of me wishes I didn't sell it. Such a punchy bike. Lots of power and I liked the 4 speed on the track a lot. Rebuild it and save some coin! Great machine.

you guys confirmed what i was already feeling. gonna ride next weekend then its off to get a total motor rebuild as well as some other goodies.

are there problems with the bike or does it have lots of hours on it? if not why totally strip it, why not leak down test it, check clutch, timing chain and valves if they are o.k. ride it if not then do the tear it down.