Athena gaskets vs. Tusk gaskets

Have any of you guys had any bad luck with Athena gaskets kits, mainly the base gasket for an 07 yz 250. Here is my concern, I have used a Tusk gasket kit one time and after about an hour or so of riding the base gasket would start to collect dust on it like it was "bleeding through". The athena base gasket is all paper, similar to the Tusk and I dont want to use it if it bleeds oil and gas through it like the Tusk did.

ya the tusk gasket was more than bleeding through. When I pressure tested my bike after doing the top and bottom end. The base basket was leaking air. So I had to put a layer of red RTV on both sides of tusk base to stop it.

Since the athena base basket is most likely the same matieral as the tusk gaskets. I'd either RTV the gasket, or buy a new OEM base gasket.

Thanks for the input. Here is my situation, I put a new top end in 2 weeks ago and when I checked for free play in the big end rod bearing I thought I felt some movement but I talked myself into just putting it all back together and then I ran the bike in the garage for 5 to 7 minutes thats it. Of course the thought of having a bad crank was on my mind so I checked for free play with my dial indicator(thanks Carver) and the crank needed to be replaced. So I have all my parts including a complete athena gasket set but as you read in my first post I'm not sure I want to use it. Here is my stupid question, would you guys reuse the base gasket that I just took off that only had 5 to 7 minutes of use, it is a cometic gasket by the way.?