Cheap racer?

Points is points. Anything above a DNF is a :cheers:

If winning a moto were that easy, there'd be no point in track time.

Wait 'till you realize that some of the B riders should be A riders, but they're racing (and winning) B for a year until the division forces them to move up. Kinda also tells you who practiced in the off-season and who didn't...

Good job, man! Don't take this the wrong, but it sounds like you have no buisiness in 30B. You need to be in C.

Good job, man! Don't take this the wrong, but it sounds like you have no buisiness in 30B. You need to be in C.

No offence taken at all. You just need to contact AMA District 16 and tell them to start a 30+ C class so that i can join it. :thumbsup:

Besides, the Open C class (which i would be elegable to enter) looked crazy dangerous. It was a bunch of young guys that were all over the place banging into each other. I may be slow, but i know how to keep my line when someone faster is coming up behind me. I don't want to get thrown off the track by some 18 year old who is riding WAY over his head just because his friends are watching. :thumbsup:

My answer would have been a 125 2t until you said it was a sand track. 250 2t would be the best budget racer in that event. I would do the geardown/flywheel weight thing that was suggested earlier.

I don't want to get thrown off the track by some 18 year old who is riding WAY over his head just because his friends are watching. :thumbsup:

Yes --- the open beginner classes are the most dangerous thing out there. I had a spode jump over me (at least he was doing the jumps i guess) -- then midway down the following straight i got a front row seat as his front end started headshaking and doing the dance of death 5 feet in front of me and he ate it on a 4th gear straightaway (i was laughing out loud at the mad "skillz" on display until i came around the next lap and he was still down -- i later found out he was ok thankfully )

I greatly prefer riding with Intermediates and pros, if i dont have a vet class to ride in for reasons like that alone, even if it means i have to ride to the far right sometimes like a lapper

Yes --- the open beginner classes are the most dangerous thing out there. I had a spode jump over me (at least he was doing the jumps i guess) -- then midway down the following straight i got a front row seat as his front end started headshaking and doing the dance of death 5 feet in front of me and he ate it on a 4th gear straightaway (i was laughing out loud at the mad "skillz" on display until i came around the next lap and he was still down -- i later found out he was ok thankfully )

I greatly prefer riding with Intermediates and pros, if i dont have a vet class to ride in for reasons like that alone, even if it means i have to ride to the far right sometimes like a lapper

Yes, i would rather get last place than get a ride in an ambulance and just because i'm "slower" doesn't mean i don't belong. I mean, i did do better than a couple of guys. (if only just a couple) :thumbsup:

and technically they did call it the B/C class...... I was on the C end of that deal.

Great story!

Nice bike!

You made the right decision. But try to get a ride on a good 125 some day just for the heck of it. You owe it to yourself.

Good luck!

250 2t get a 97-01 cr250 and spend a little to get the suspension valved and sprung and youll be happy as pie