Picking up my 2011 today !!!!

Getting my 2011 today (450 ) im so excited im guna puke !!! So cold i wont be riding it for months but at least i can stare at it everyday !! My wife is jealous:banana:

Congrats ! :thumbsup:

I´m sure you will be happy with your new bike !

My "best bike I ever had" used to be the 2008 CRF 450, this Yamaha is looking like it´s taking over that spot ! :ride:

I´m so happy I bought this bike and not the other brand I was thinking of getting ! :lol:

Congrats ! :thumbsup:

I´m sure you will be happy with your new bike !

My "best bike I ever had" used to be the 2008 CRF 450, this Yamaha is looking like it´s taking over that spot ! :ride:

I´m so happy I bought this bike and not the other brand I was thinking of getting ! :lol:

I agree

For sure, congrats on your new YZ!

I also just picked one up; a new leftover '10 LE. Now if the snow would just melt . . .

anything i need to do before i ride it ??

i hear ya, i bought a 10 just before it started snowing, got to ride it twice. i love the way the bike turns and jumps. i just stare at it now but i have ski-doo to hold me over till the spring.

are you too far away to ride mototown? i drive by the place every day for work. track looks mint. they just dont really have heat in there:thumbsup:

anything i need to do before i ride it ??

it would be a good idea to grease the rear suspension needle bearings. and the steering stem bearings

Break it in hard, don't follow the manual. Run it real hard for the first 20 minutes, just let it warm up and that's it. Lots of acceleration through the gears under load, and lots of engine braking, should lead to an excellent ring seal.

heard its a bitch to start at first ??

I did alot of reading before buying my 10, so I never had any problems starting it off the bat, I just did what everyone else was doing when they were having issues which were resolved.

Cold starts aren't that bad at all, but warm starts can really be a pain. For my bike when it was new I had to kick and twist the throttle 1/4 every time to get it going warm. If I didn't it would not start, no matter what it seemed.

Now after 26 hours or so, it's much easier, and I can start it with the good ol 1/4 twist when hot, or pull the cold start when it's hot and it starts then too.

Wierd bike to get going when hot for sure, I don't care what anyone says but the only trick that works 100% of the time is the 1/4 twist of throttle while kicking...

it is if your short like me, 5'6''. ive noticed if you can give it a good swift kick it fires up ok

I don't care what anyone says but the only trick that works 100% of the time is the 1/4 twist of throttle while kicking...

Works for me too !:thumbsup: