does anyone have just one 500 Yamaha ?

Further to the TT500 call thread .. Does anyone own just one 500 Yamaha ?

How many does everyone have ?

I think I'm up around 6 or 7 most of them don't run. I don't know anyone that has just one . ?

Three runners a F and two H,s and two non runners F and G. Don't have any of the early models like to stick to the later ones interms of swaping parts, tanks, forks, seats etc etc

Three runners a F and two H,s and two non runners F and G. Don't have any of the early models like to stick to the later ones interms of swaping parts, tanks, forks, seats etc etc

1-76 set up for flattrack

1-77 ugly brown bike my daily driver

2-78's

1-79

All are XT's I don't have any TT's

Oh yea and one 1980 SR500

Only one here and it's my first ever. When it was offered to me, I wasn't even sure I wanted it, but for $400 it was too cheap to pass up. After putting almost 5k miles on it in the last 15 months I've grown very fond of it. Sure I wish it had a 12 volt system and a counter-balancer wouldn't hurt, but overall it's a great old bike that still gets the job done very well.

First_Outing_on_the_XT500_003.JPG

• 3 months later...

I'm currently taking my '80 TT suspension w/ a ProTech swing arm I rebuilt and using that on a frame up on my '79 XT. The TT I got for $100, and it had original Bob Fox Air Shox on it. I just scored a rebuild kit and will us them on the XT. These things are addicting, I've had at least one for 20 years. Got some aluminum tanks I will be letting go when done.

I have over a dozen... I guess I should go out to the shed one of these days and see exactly what I do have. lol

I've had more than a twenty year love/hate relationship with these old 500s and they just seem to find me... Can't explain it. ???

Wow, so I guess you probably wouldn't even notice if you gave one to me, right? ?

Seriously though, I am looking for either an xt500 or an sr500 so If anybody happens to know of one up for sale let me know ?