Bigbore 250F

i'll stay out of this one rickk...lol

though i am considering beefing up my 250f ktm just dont know which way to go yet

I hear the engine drag is even worse this year with the BB.?

I guess I grew a bit tired of always having the rev this piss out of my bikes, including the 350. But there's no engine drag for sure.?

Just wanted to know about the 280 and 305 bigbore kits, anyone using either one?, how do you like it, compared to stock, bottom, middle, and top end for the different ones and what exhaust are you using with it?

Thanks

Stock exhaust is best with these. Easy to install, no issues, but the results are stellar. You will loose a bit on the top, but you make up for it in spades low-mid. You'll never miss any loss on top if that helps.

I remember asking the same question, but I'm glad I took the plunge.

For the record, I'd take it over a 350!

Best money ever spent!...Not just saying that either.

http://www.ktmcyclehutt.com/ktm-parts/ktm-parts.php?sku=SXS09280000&category=Engine+Parts&fitment=bigbikes

thats what i love about the 350, is virtually no engine braking......and with 100 more cc and efi its pretty easy to get some low end back.........just couldnt afford this time around.......prolly around december i'll get one......for now i got a 250f and its great with a surprising amount of power for a little bike........i may do the sxs factory race kit if i can get a deal on one....with the already pretty heavy engine breaking the ktms have, i am not real keen on adding more even though a bb is more power for a lot less money

When doing a big bore on a 250 f , no matter what brand it is , it is best to add cams and buy playing with the opening and closing times of the int. and exh. cams you can get rid of the engine braking and add some good over-rev.

I know it adds to the cost and takes away from the simplicity of just adding a bigger piston . But if you want to unlock the real potential . Adding cams and tweaking them yield big pluses.

i used to like the engine braking when i first started riding as my cornering/braking was weak and i used it to stop.....i wasnt going very fast so all the negatives hadnt reared their head.........now it creates a lot of hop into rough corners and upsets the chassis in corners/ruts with the up and down motion........the faster i get the less i like it, i have gotten more efficient with the brakes and my corner speed has improved..........the brakes are more than sufficient to stop the bike, if you use them correctly you dont need the motor........a level chassis through the corners is much easier to navigate/control

Be careful with the 305 kit. It requires a bit of case maching and you also end up with dangerously thin cylinder because of the ammount of overbore. And since the piston is quite a bit heavier than stock, if you dont rebalance the crank you will have some vibration. The best bang for the buck is the 300 kit (actually a 290), makes the 250 even more fun.