Sign in to follow this  

06 rmz 450 overheats

Make sure your jetting is not lean (maybe richen it a bit)

Maybe you can mount up a fan? some KTMs have that feature.

You could also try a 1.6 cap, Fluidyne Rads, Boyeson Highflow pump and waterwetter (or some other fluid).

Your other options are to ride it faster or move to a cooler part of the country.

I had the same problem...almost any time in woods waiting for group. I love my 06 trail riding-but I've got to get a handle on this problem. After reading and researching forums, It seems the best solutions are jetting,1.6 rad cap, and quality coolant. Most are recommending a temp strip to monitor cylinder temp. I would hate to go back to 2t's!

I just made a fan set-up for my bike and it seems to work pretty good so far. I used a 120 CFM computer fan that is run off a lipo battery pack and turned on and off by an adjustable thermal switch. i can fire up some parts # and pics if you want them:ride:

I used to have that problem so I put in a few more hours riding and upped my riding skill -> slow down a bit less on the tough stuff -> more air through the radiator and less revving while going nowhere -> bike doesn't overheat.

If you put in the time, it does happen. Good tyres also help with that. :smirk:

What cured my heat problems was wrapping the exhaust header to keep the heat away from the right radiator. And running evans npg no boil over problems. I'm also running a fmf mega bomb header and a fmf q4 muffler and a rekluse pro. The only issuse i had this weekend was the exhaust melting the air box but she never boiled over.

you should also make sure ur oil level is good and clean