Sign in to follow this  

Handguards?

Hey guys, i have a 05 250F and have been looking around to get some handguards (or barkbusters. Whats the difference?). But I want the ones that have the metal wrap around. Im assuming those are bark buster? Anyways if anyone has some pics of theirs on their bikes that would be great. Ive been looking at the acerbis, but there are so many different series of handguards. Mainly just want something thats going to look good on the bike but give some good protection and be durable.

Thanks guys

I use Ego bark busters, top clamp mounted. Saved my hands and levers may times.

I've used them all but I like Fastways. They mount to the top clamp and stay in place very well. You don't have to worry about what clamps match what bars etc. I use the top damper mount on my ktm and the basic mount on my wr.

I've run many different ones and IMO the Cycra's are indestructible. I have 150 hrs on my current set and they have never ever moved or bent and they have taken some very, very hard hits. I have the CRM(center reach mount) version and a set runs $125. Well worth the $$$.

I had the top of the line Acerbis guards before this Cyrca set and they were bent and broken in a month.

How much do those fastways cost?

About $125 without a damper mount and $165 with one.

I've run many different ones and IMO the Cycra's are indestructible. I have 150 hrs on my current set and they have never ever moved or bent and they have taken some very, very hard hits. I have the CRM(center reach mount) version and a set runs $125. Well worth the $$$.

I had the top of the line Acerbis guards before this Cyrca set and they were bent and broken in a month.

x2 on the Cycra's! I have used moose ones as well but the aluminum is a lower grade aluminum, seems to break a bit easier than the higher gread Cycras. Look at them both if you have a chance. the Cycra's just haven't broken on my yet. I've taken out two wrists and plenty of inverted front end checks and they're still going. Far better than myself I might add:smirk:

Well guys I appreciate it. I was doing some looking around and I had my eyes on the cycra's. They look pretty nice. I want something thats going to be the most durable but also not look horrible on my bike. The only thing I was alittle confused is they seem to have different mounts I believe I saw and I dont know which to go with? Can anyone help me out on this?

that depends on what bars you have or how you want them to mount. Handguards typically mount the the bars so you would need 7/8 mount or 1-1/8 mount if you have fat bars. They also offer a triple clamp mount and top bar mount. these are a little stronger and free up some room on your bars but its all personal preference.

motosport has the side triple clamp mounts on sale for 99.99 right now, which is the same price as the regular mounts. The center reach mounts are 114.99 there.

if you get the side ones or the regular ones you can get the other mounting systems for an additional 35.00

How do those moose guards cost? Again, im wanting the best bang for my buck. I dont want to be a cheap ass or anything but dont want to spend a ton. Pretty much good quality for a reasonable price. Ive still been looking at those cycras and they seem pretty nice. But I used to run moose products when I was racing quads and always had good results with there products.