Sign in to follow this  

Entering my first race

So I'm entering my first race sunday. 75% enduro/single track, 25% motocross. 5 man motos, supercross style format (2 heats, lcq, main. 2 classes) Any hints for a first time racer? (I'm 24 years old if anyone cares):smirk:

Keep it in perspective- I was so freaking nervous before my first race I would've center-punched anyone who got in my way. I was very young but, regardless, unless you're trying to make a living at it, no one cares where you finish. So, if a guy cuts you off let him go... Or, better yet, if he blows by you pull out all the stops and stay on his ass - you'll pass guys that he forces out of their line!

eat a good carb filled meal the night before or for breakfast. make sure you have all your gear and the bike is ready, and have fun more than anything. you will remeber it for a long time to come.

I'm racing ina 3hr endurance mx race at my local track this sunday, first of the year. cant wait.

good point jayn. also hydrate a few days before. maybe drink some watered down gatoraid in between motos the day of the race. never straight gatoraid.

good point jayn. also hydrate a few days before. maybe drink some watered down gatoraid in between motos the day of the race. never straight gatoraid.

Why never straight Gatorade???

Hold your lines... the faster guys will find a way around you. Don't stuff 'em behind you and play nice, less chance they'll roost the s**t outta you when they do pass :smirk: