Dirt in Brute Force Gas Tank

Kawasaki

I took the gas cap off my muddy brute force 750 and a chunk of dirt fell down in the tank. It was about 1"x1" and was just hard dirt. There was about a gallon of gas in it and i siphoned it all out but no dirt came out with it. Is there a fuel filter between the tank and injectors? If not what is the best thing to do? My brother said to just run it and it will be fine but it just scares me.....

Tanks are made to come off easily, because you need them out of the way to get to other stuff. Be sure the fuel valve is off, remove the tank, and rinse it until you are satisfied that the dirt is gone.

This tank does not come off easily. It's not like a sport atv. And there is no fuel valve. It has efi.

This tank does not come off easily. It's not like a sport atv. And there is no fuel valve. It has efi.

Maybe not "easily", but it will come off, and that is what you are going to have to do....like it or not!

My Rancher has EFI and a fuel valve. My Rancher is a utility, and I can get its tank off in 3 minutes. Maybe utility quad design, has largely gotten off track......