What years have the same seat as an 02 rm250?

Hey guys, I have a trip to Georgia comin up for spring break ( a whole 18 hour drive :smirk:) Anyway, I need a new seat, the stock seat I got with the bike was cut down, and is super uncomfortable, and the seat cover is in no way grippy. I also got an sdg tall seat with the bike, too tall. I want to go on craigslist, or if anyone here would like it, so I can trade it for a stock seat. I just would like to know what year rm250's have exchangeable seats. If anyone wants to trade, I'd be glad.. the sdg tall seat is absolutely mint, I'm 5'9 though and cant ride the bike with it.

EDIT- now that the question was answered, if anyone wants to trade a tall seat for a stock seat let me know!

Edited by dhbb05

01+ is how they are listed with sdg

Good Job Souphmars....

hmm. Well theres a stock 03 seat on ebay for 70 dollars. I'm considering just shaving my sdg tall seat, just dont want to screw up a 100 dollar seat!

It's hard to tell on the sdg site if the tall seat just has more foam, or if the base plastic is taller as well. Does anyone know if I cut the 1.5 inches off the foam, if it will be the same as the standard seat or will i have more of a curve in the seat?

hmm. Well theres a stock 03 seat on ebay for 70 dollars. I'm considering just shaving my sdg tall seat, just dont want to screw up a 100 dollar seat!

NOOOO! Just post a trade. SDG's Tall are harder to come by these days. I waited over 3 months for mine. I am sure someone out there will gladly trade you a good OEM seat for your tall.

Anybody on here want to trade? I'd be happy to.. I need a stock one preferably with some sort of gripper cover

Gonna shave it then. I need a seat NOW

Anyone over 6'?