Sign in to follow this  

Clarke tank and Wolfman Enduro tank bag?

Hello, Friends!

I've read the FAQs and used the search feature but didn't see an answer to my specific question, so I'll post it here in a new thread.

I'm considering installing a Clarke 3.9 gallon tank on my 2005 DRZ-400S. I haven't seen this tank up close, but in pictures it appears to be a bit taller than the stock tank. (Duh... it has nearly twice the capacity, and they have to put that fuel somewhere!)

I'm wondering if I'll still be able to use my Wolfman Enduro tank bag. On the stock setup, it sits mostly atop the front portion of the seat, with only about 1/3 of its length sitting on the tank, just aft of the filler cap.

Does anyone use this bag on a Clarke tank? Is the angle too steep for a nice mounting and easy use of the bag? I need more fuel capacity, but I really like the bag, so if it's incompatible with a bigger tank, that may be a show-stopper.

And on a loosely-related topic, what kind of tanks with integral radiator shrouds are available for the 2005 DRZ-400S? I know there is a lot of information here on all the aftermarket tanks, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer on which ones fit an '05 S model (without big modifications or custom fitting). I like the ones with integral shrouds, and I think the Clarke would be my second choice to one of these.

Please respond if you have personal experience with these specific applications, not just general ideas. Thanks!

I've got one on my Acerbis 4.25 which has a fairly tall tank but not quite the same as yours. It fits just fine and works for me, you can see pics of it in my garage if that helps you decide any on how it may work for your tank. Check out justgastanks.com for pretty much all of the available tanks on the DRZ

I'm wondering if I'll still be able to use my Wolfman Enduro tank bag. On the stock setup, it sits mostly atop the front portion of the seat, with only about 1/3 of its length sitting on the tank, just aft of the filler cap.

Does anyone use this bag on a Clarke tank? Is the angle too steep for a nice mounting and easy use of the bag? I need more fuel capacity, but I really like the bag, so if it's incompatible with a bigger tank, that may be a show-stopper.

A friend of mine has the Wolfman tank bag on his Clarke tank. It fits just fine.

Thanks for the replies, ROMAD and lakeside. I don't know why I've never checked justgastanks.com before. (Maybe I did, but I'm getting too old to remember?) I like that IMS 4.0 gallon tank, maybe even better than the Clarke because, like I said, I want integrated shrouds.

I'm getting the springtime riding itch here!

I've got the Clarke 3.9 gal. tank and recently bought the Wolfman Enduro tank bag. It fits fine and have had no problems refueling or unzipping the bag, overall I'm very happy with the setup. My only gripe is that the bag does take away the ability to get right up on the tank when aggressively cornering but I've been able to adapt.