Building whoops in a track

I have a very small track with a couple table tops and some burms. I want to add about 5 or 6 whoops in the back section. How far apart would you have the top center of each one. I would like to learn to just skip across the tops. I am an above average rider. Bike is a 09 KX250F. I'm thinking starting with the distance being the same as the distance from front to rear tire? To close?

No thats not too close. I am going to guess and say around 100 in. from top to top would be good. I guess it also depends on how small they are too. Just make them 2 1/2 ft tall at 100 in. apart. Now let me know when there done and Ill come try them out for ya. Frigin snow!!!:smirk:

Be prepared to repair them often. I had a set and they would wear down really quick. Alot of fun but :smirk:

the problem with building/learning whoops is ur gonna need alot more than five or six. if they are as close as you're saying, then you'd probably be able to set bounce the whole set. i usually jump about 3 or 4 whoops in before i start hammering them. you could build the 5 or 6, then just add to them though ofcourse. you'll find that when the set gets bigger, the last whoops are gonna have to be alot longer than 100" to accomodate speed, unless you just want a controlled even set.

I have been working on whoops on my track and i have them about 4 ft apart Top to Top. today i just finished forming them then im going to take a roller to them to pack them down a bit

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Tedstrom
      Alright so I just rebuilt my 2012 kx250f complete rebuild. I put the motor back in the bike get everything hooked up and ready to go it takes a few kicks at first (obviously) but after it starts it sat and idled just fine for a while then it stalled out. Tried to start it again wouldn't start I took the spark plug out of it it looked good I was dark and wet. I cleaned it then put the spark plug back in it it took a few kicks but started right back up again then after a while it stalled out again and now I can't get it to start again!? Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you guys and girls for reading and hopefully for the help!!!
    • By DirtBikeHead
      2015 Kawasaki KX250f - 20 hours
      As close to new as I'd imagine you'd get! I bought the bike brand new, I'm older and have taken extremely good care of this bike. Very little use and is COMPLETELY stock - everything is original. 
      Comes with the title, original book and map couplers for the fuel injection.
      $4700 - cash 
    • By CodyR
      Just thought maybe everyone could post up there youtube channels an we could all help eachother out by subscribing to one another.
      Heres mine ill sub back asap.
      This has been fun in other sections of TT, so I'll start the thread here and see if we can keep it going.
      Let us know what kind of mods, fixes, changes, etc.., you performed today, or just general fun you had with, your KX250F.
      I'll start with.. I installed a correct for my weight Race Tech shock spring, along with a Pivot Works shock spring thrust bearing. Also cleaned out all the nasty yellow plastic/wax crap that passes for grease in the lower shock bearing, and re-lubed it with Bel Ray waterproof.
    • By bangmyhead
      Time for a top end on my bike, just wondering if there are any alternative Valve springs i can use. I have PC cams and $400 for just the springs and retainers is alil costly at the moment.