Sign in to follow this  

Fuel pouring out!!!!

Well lately my 05 has been hard to start, and i checked the valves about a month ago and they are perfect and i have put maybe a hr or two on it since then. It has been jetted and un corked and runs amazing, but now all of a sudden its not wanting to start. I went out today to try and start it and when i turned on the fuel its just started pouring out of the overflow tube, even without touching the throtle, it just starts comeing out. Before i go tearing things down i just want to see what you guys think.

Sounds like the needles stuck: either the gas gummed up or you've got trash in it.

You can try tapping the carb body with a screwdriver handle and see if you can unstick it but most likely it'll be best if you just pull the carb and clean it out.

maybe bad oring on the needle. or stuck float. Give the carb a good whack and if it stops it's the float.

i tore it apart and cleaned everything and seemed to do the trick, some gas gumed up, i was thinking about a the 50 leak jet, but i already have a 48 and seems to be good, ill be bumping it up to a 50 soon though most likely

i tore it apart and cleaned everything and seemed to do the trick, some gas gumed up, i was thinking about a the 50 leak jet, but i already have a 48 and seems to be good, ill be bumping it up to a 50 soon though most likely

48 leak jet, or pilot jet??

I think you mean pilot, which is just fine.

The leak jet gives you proper throttle response. Stock is 70.

Whack it, smack it. But you're going to have to 'un-pack' it.

Carby clean time. New float needle.

Put in a 50 leak jet while your in there.

Kannie you said leak jet also haha, but yeah might be the pilot jet, went from i belive a 42, to a 48, helped a bunch