Spring Break in Moab!

I do most of my hanging out over on the DRZ forum, and we have been kicking around the thought of a TT Group Ride/Gathering in Moab over "Spring Break". We are hoping to gather some momentum for the event and see what we can make out of it!

Here are the preliminary thoughts and dates for Spring Break in Moab – 2011

Dates – March 26th thru April 3rd, all or part of that week, which shouldn't interfere with the Easter Jeep Safari which is – April 16th thru April 24th.

We plan to headquarter/camp/stay at the Riverside Oasis campground on the north edge of town. Here is a link to the campground and additional info, http://riversideoasis.com/

The historical weather info for March and April is shown below:

Climate Statistics for Moab, Utah, USA

Mar Apr

Normal Max Temp 61.9 71.9

Normal Min Temp 34.2 41.9

Normal Mean Temp 48.0 56.9

Record High Temp 88 96

Record Low Temp 8 15

Normal Rain .85 .98

Record Mo. Rain 3.19 2.78

Record Daily Rain 1.08 2.10

Normal Snowfall .3 0.0

Record Mo. Snow 9 11

Record Daily Snow 8 7

We hope to gather enough interest to try and coordinate with a local group and offer our services for a trail clean-up project or something similar. If enough folks show up, we could also arrange a fund raiser event to assist a local charity or group or a land use organization.....

As you can see, we have high hopes to lift this into a fun and beneficial event that could grow into an annual event!

I'd love to hear from some Utah and Moab locals/experts if you guys and gals are gonna be around! We want to extend the invite to all makes, models, and flavors of bikes and riders old and young and all abilities.

So, let's hear it, who's interested? ?

Ride With Respect is the group to try to help out and coordinate with. Builders of the Sovereign trail and the reason we still have quality riding out at White Wash, although some was lost. If I'm around I'd love to meet up for a ride or two.

We are schedule to be in Moab from the 18th to the 28th of March. Love to meet up with your group. Keep posting here on your progress and plan. Let us know if we can help with anything.

Also, please post your rides and plans on Facebook... Moab Riders.

Thanks... see you in Moab!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Moab-Riders/179964395373342

I've posted to the Facebook page, and will contact Ride with Respect, it looks like they have a couple of work days planned already that week, so we should be able to help out and do the right thing!!

If we get some participation, we can figure out a fund raiser for them as well.

?

Now, who's coming?

I've posted to the Facebook page, and will contact Ride with Respect, it looks like they have a couple of work days planned already that week, so we should be able to help out and do the right thing!!

If we get some participation, we can figure out a fund raiser for them as well.

?

Now, who's coming?

It looks like the work project dates are still 2010. I don't see any 2011 dates posted yet.