08/09 rmz 450 power commander and auto tune

That pic helps a lot!

Where did you mount your power commander boxes? Side of the frame behind the shrouds?

I mounted mine right under the stock ECU and the autotune box I mounted in between the head stay brackets. There is a short wiring harness that plugs into the PCV and the autotune box so they have to be close to each other.

IMG00007-20101206-1938.jpg

krony506 do you feel the yosh set up was worth it? I have heard from a lot of people it is works great because it pretty much makes does all the work for you. Given 2 or 3 rides that is.

I don't have the Yosh, I have the power commander 5 and it is the only one that automatically adjusts the ECU as you ride, The yosh will not do that.

Where can you get the Ti welding done in Alberta. I am looking to do same, but was going to send to Yosh to get it done.

I am a trades person in Edmonton, I took it to my local union hall and am having it drilled and welded at no charge.... I think they are using stainless tig wire instead of ti tig wire.... Really as long as it holds I'll be happy...... There is no pressure because it has an open end (muffler) I pick it up tmro hopefully and I"ll email ya a pic if you want.

krony- didnt you have the 250F???? is the ecu underneath the tank? on the 450 its behind the numberplate.

i will post a pic of my 09 450 later.....my O2 sensor is slightly further back (on the mid pipe) and sits just behind the frame. the autotune and PC5 are behind the number plate- you can pick up the red and black autotune connectors off the wiring loom.

i finished mine up today- it is possible to get both the PC5 and the autotune behind the number plate in a nice clean way.

i noticed the Ti O2 bungs are $50 on ebay vs $8 for the steel, thats why i chose to weld the bung to the midpipe since the OEM header is Ti.

krony- didnt you have the 250F???? is the ecu underneath the tank? on the 450 its behind the numberplate.

i will post a pic of my 09 450 later.....my O2 sensor is slightly further back (on the mid pipe) and sits just behind the frame. the autotune and PC5 are behind the number plate- you can pick up the red and black autotune connectors off the wiring loom.

Yeah I have the 250F and mine is under the tank/subframe, I wish mine was behind the front # plate. Very nice job you did.