2012 Bike Predictions

What are your guys educated guess' for the updates of 2012. Keep them reasonable...

My educated guess for 2012:

YZ250F comes with fuel Injection and a new motor

YZ450F just refined

YZ125 and 250 with an actual update besides BNG

KTM gets small improvements to all models

EXC's gets the new SX frame and plastics

350 SXF gets motor improvements

Honda's get hydrualic clutch

KXF450 gets the showa SFF forks

Suzuki gets only small updates or maybe none at all

:smirk:

What are your guys educated guess' for the updates of 2012. Keep them reasonable...

My educated guess for 2012:

YZ250F comes with fuel Injection and a new motor

YZ450F just refined

YZ125 and 250 with an actual update besides BNG

KTM gets small improvements to all models

EXC's gets the new SX frame and plastics

350 SXF gets motor improvements

Honda's get hydrualic clutch

KXF450 gets the showa SFF forks

Suzuki gets only small updates or maybe none at all

:rant:

You're assuming that the 2011s clear the warehouse....They're still selling brand new 07/8/9 models. :smirk:

You're assuming that the 2011s clear the warehouse....They're still selling brand new 07/8/9 models. :smirk:

All except KTM anyway. Our local Katoom dealer only had 4 bikes in his showroom when the '11s started coming in. He dropped the price around $500, and those 4 were gone in a couple of weeks. He's having a hard time getting any more '11 300 XC, or XCW models already. He also sells Husaberg and Gasgas, which are rolling out the door on a regular basis too.

He does no advertising other than a FB page, and I'd guess sells as many dirt bikes (for MSRP, no deals) as all the other dealerships in the S.W. MO area put together.

And, I'd say Evan127 pretty well has it straight as to what (at the most) we'll see for Asian bike upgrades for '12.

I'll say Yamaha will do away with the throttle cables on the 450 and fly by wire.

the yz 2 smokes unfortunately will only really have BNG

Hover bikes!

I'll say Yamaha will do away with the throttle cables on the 450 and fly by wire.

I believe they were the first to do that in the sport bike world with the R1/R6?

whats BNG?

whats BNG?

Bold New Graphics

Bold New Graphics

oh, thanks. i dont think there will be any two strokes by....idk lets say about 2015ish.

I'd like to see the Yz250f get the same type of engine the 450 has along with FI.

oh, thanks. i dont think there will be any two strokes by....idk lets say about 2015ish.

4 stokes were just a trend kind of like leatt braces, direct injection 2 strokes will own everything by 2015.

talkinghamster. those are fighting words!

KTM 300 250 sx, xc, xcw 2st gets direct injection, its almost certain.

Dont forget, the world is supposed to end in 2012 anyways.

4 stokes were just a trend kind of like leatt braces, direct injection 2 strokes will own everything by 2015.

i think neck braces really help... direct inject would be awesome. its been on sleds for how many years now?!

talkinghamster. those are fighting words!

dont get me wrong i love 2 strokes !

My guess is DI 2 strokes by 2012. First KTM then later the japs. My guess is that the japs won't put out DI 2t's until later like 13 or 14 and that would just be to stay competitive.

im still wondering if honda, suzuki, and kawasaki will make 2 strokes again when DI comes out

im still wondering if honda, suzuki, and kawasaki will make 2 strokes again when DI comes out

Honda's the only one not making smokers still. The others make but do not import them to the U.S. Yamaha makes and imports them to the U.S. but good luck finding one at a dealer. :smirk:

i think neck braces really help... direct inject would be awesome. its been on sleds for how many years now?!

dont get me wrong i love 2 strokes !

You must be one of the leatt fan boys and if you really like 2 strokes then don't make statements like that :smirk:

You must be one of the leatt fan boys and if you really like 2 strokes then don't make statements like that :smirk:

i try to get all the protection i use when dirtbiking.. whats wrong with that? and i love two strokes but its a known fact there old technology. i hope they can save em but i wouldnt hold my breathe is all im saying