Sign in to follow this  

07 crf450r?

hey guys, so i am selling both my 03 cr250 and my 06 crf250x and plan on getting a nice crf450r. well i found a good deal on a 07 crf450r with 10 hours total on it, it still has great tred on the original tires. Well i was wondering if this is a good bike and are there any problems i should be aware of with this year? Also, how does the crf450r do on trails? i will be riding some trails and some track. I believe that i am going to go with this 07 crf450r and if not then i will end up getting an 09 kx450f, what are your thought on this? thanks.

The 07 is a great bike right out of the box put a new chain on it and ride.

The crf450's don't like slow trail riding.If you don't keep these things moving they run hot and the stock valves wear out from the heat.IMO if your running slow muddy trails a lot the ti valves should be replaced with ss once the ti.vales wear out.

If I where buying a bike for trails and not mx I would choose a 2 smoke.Just my humble opinion.

I currently have a 07 and it is a great bike but only ride mx.

hey guys, so i am selling both my 03 cr250 and my 06 crf250x and plan on getting a nice crf450r. well i found a good deal on a 07 crf450r with 10 hours total on it, it still has great tred on the original tires. Well i was wondering if this is a good bike and are there any problems i should be aware of with this year? Also, how does the crf450r do on trails? i will be riding some trails and some track. I believe that i am going to go with this 07 crf450r and if not then i will end up getting an 09 kx450f, what are your thought on this? thanks.

My buddy has the 09 kx and that is also a great bike.What stood out to me on that bike was the suspension and how plush it felt and as far as the fuel injection,I like the feel of the carb.on my crf.Another thing I notice on his bike compared to mine is his kx looses bolts a lot and my honda is always tight.

What about reliability? Of the engine an whole bike which is more reliable? Will you have to replace the top end more often in the Crf450r then the 09 kx450f? And the body of the bike which is more reliable?

The '07 is a terrific bike, capable of winning races in bone stock condition. Very durable.

They will handle slow trail riding all day long. My son's '07 has over 100 hours on it and the valves haven't moved, and it's never done anything other than run perfectly.

I personally think the valves on the crf are the only issue with the bike.I have had problems with them on my current bike but bought it used from a woods rider.I usually don't have valve issues with hondas once I correct the problem,I have owned 4 crf450's.

One of my riding buddies is loyal to kawi and has had three over the years and the only issues with his bikes have been bolts coming loose and fasteners etc...I have to say the kawi forks on the 09 felt really good,much better than any of my hondas in the past to present and have had all of my bikes always set up by rg3 or fc

I would say the honda is more reliable across the board except the valves.The 09 kawi. is a great bike,almost the same bike thats been winning a lot of shootouts in 2011.I think the only reason I didn't buy a kawi is because I hate green.:smirk:

The '07 is a terrific bike, capable of winning races in bone stock condition. Very durable.

They will handle slow trail riding all day long. My son's '07 has over 100 hours on it and the valves haven't moved, and it's never done anything other than run perfectly.

Same here bone stock engine. Get your suspension revalved for woods and sprung for your weight. I run 13-52 gearing and a trail tech flywheel and hardly ever stall it. When you buy it get a stainless oil filter and 55 gallon drum of rotella and a case or air filter oil and cleaner and your set. That's all mine gets every ride.

iv got my 07 in getting fixed at the moment, but only one of the things im getting fixed wasnt my fault, the 07's rear spokes CAN seize with the nipple, making it unable to be tightened. other then that they are awesome bikes an would recommend them to any intermediate to advanced rider.

I have an 07 CRF450 and love it . 2007 and 2008 CRF450's won every shootout there was. Dirt bike and Motocross Action both say that those years are the best 450's Honda Made, and are still in there top 10 used bikes to own. The valves are not an issue on 07 Crf450's especialy if you keep up on your oil, oil filter changes and keep your air filter clean. out of the box stock still very competitive with newer bikes. Set the suspension up for your weight and ability and ride it. The harder you ride the 07 the better it handles.