Sign in to follow this  

Tps on rmz 250 k8

I was told to disconect the tps to fix the bogging on my bike. With it off it seems worse. The idle rpm went down and it is hard to get the engine hot. I need to know is this normal or there is something else to ceck since I have rad alots of threads where people have disconected theirs with no proBlem

Who ever told you to disconnect it to fix a bog was an idiot. You may want to test it and ensure it works properly and is adjusted right. Disconnecting is a test to see if it is bad or seriously out of adjustment.

Your bog is caused by either a problem with or mis-adjustment of, your AP. Go though the steps in your manual. You may also want to consider the oring mod or a stiffer spring or wiring the linkage.

I have cecked the tps with a tester and value are as manual. I also did the oring on the ap but i am going to try to wire it since the oring are not the right size. I also havE a jdjetting kit but that did not fix the problem.. I get the bog when changing gear with engine under pressure like for example going up a hill or after a corner.

Make sure the AP does not bind with it wired.

What size leak jet is installed? You might want to try a #50. If the bog is still there, turn the AP timing screw Counter Clock Wise 1/2 turn.

The tps wire is straight. The leak jet is stock on my rmz 250 k8..

What I meant here was make sure that when the AP operates, the mechanisim is able to have full motion and does not stop prematurely.

Try a #50 leak jet

Uppss I am sorry

Anyway when the ap opens up is free and it opens all the way.

I will try a 50 leak jet.

in the mean time I want to ask you another thing. In the past when I cleaned my air filter and then re oil it I did not oil it enough. I need to know what would be the symptoms for not oiling it right? since in the past I only put oil with a brush in the outside.

P.S. Saturday I did the filter like the manual sais. Poor some oil on it and squeeze out excess oil. sunday the bike was riding almost fine only couple times but not as strong the bogging as before

I know that. I used to just put with a paint brush on the front o the air filter and none in the inside. Now i poar some on it inside a little bucket and squeeze the excess oil. Sunday the bike bogged 1 or 2 times. And I did not need to pull the hot start to start the bike when hot . Actually with the hot starter it would start but with oUt it at fist kick

I think you are wright . I need to ceck my air fuel . Infact I was getting some popping in decelleration that before I was not getting.

Yes it was cold sunday around 10 degrees.

so for normal temperature that ussually here is hoter that means my bike is still rich since in cold weather the jettings should be richer. Oh by the way wiring the ap is not a good idea. Thats what you're saying. ? Thanks

Edited by carmelo1970