A question for eddie

A year or so ago I put a JD jet kit in my 06 400s. It runs great almost all the time, but sometimes when about 1/4-1/2 throttle it will cut out for no apperent reason. more often on a hill, but also on the flat. could this be a needle setting? I don't remember what grove I set the clip on. I appologiz:bonk:e for being so stupid. Thanks

Dan

I won't attempt to answer, but if you could answer these questions it will probably help.

Does it cut out while accelerating, or steady cruise at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle?

Do you have the extended idle screw, and have you set it?

Your idle should be around 1600rpm, is it?

Have you done any other maintenance?

have you bypassed the sidestand switch?

what is the current jetting?

I have not bypassed the switch yet. My jetting is 155main,25 pilot,2.5 turns, blue needle 3rd pos. It seems to cut out at a steady throttle with the rpms at the lower end.

Not to hajack the thread, but what does bypassing the sidestand switch do on the performance of the bike. I got a buddy of mine tell me I should do it.

It makes it keep running over bumpy terrain, and running is pretty important to performance, kind of a precursor ? one could say to performance.

Not to hajack the thread, but what does bypassing the sidestand switch do on the performance of the bike. I got a buddy of mine tell me I should do it.

Nothing for performance, it keeps you from accidentally killing the bike by bumping the side stand.