Sign in to follow this  

Going Backwards??

Ok guys. I owned a 2008 Honda crf450r until it was stolen. So trust me I do not hate on Honda, I LOVE Honda.

I have been a member on TT since January 2010 and believe me I have read 100’s of threads and replies in threads in pretty much all of the categories in the dirt bike section.

And what I have noticed is soooo many people are saying shit about Honda and changing brands.

Everyone has known for years that Honda has been leaders in lots of areas and just in general the BEST brand no doubt. So I want to know from fellow/current Honda owners.....is Honda going backwards or still very good.

So why are people making these comments? I owned the 08 and it had wads of power everywhere and another thing people have been saying is that the 07/08’s were the most powerful and since 09 have been less powerful, but that’s not my question. Feel free to answer though.

So yer just curious feel free to make any points I may have forgotten.

And remember...I am not trolling I LOVE Honda

(mainly referring to crf450r in this thread as that is what i have owned and read most about but doesn't matter)

The new DB sound rules are what is killing the power. Mufflers have smaller outlet in the exhaust. Were losing riding areas here for this very reason. Also on the 09'+ kx 450f they had to put a larger flywheel on the bike for the EFI system. Dont know if they did this for honda but that took away some topend power.

Bought a 06 and a 09 new. I call BS. Didn't feel any power loss with the 09.

Some guys just have to have more hp "just because" when most can't use what it has now on most mx tracks.

I'm much faster on the 09 and you couldn't pay me to trade back.

At least if that meant that I actually had to keep it and ride it.

My first honda (11 crf450). I think it is a great bike but then my last was a 01 YZ250n. Then again just an average rider. Let you guys know when I need more power.

The problem is people base their comments on race results. If J.S. or R.V. were on a Honda you can bet that they would be saying Honda is a great bike.

The problem is people base their comments on race results. If J.S. or R.V. were on a Honda you can bet that they would be saying Honda is a great bike.

That's very true. Honda's won a lot of races with RC and JM on them, and those same guys won on other brands.

You can't buy a bad bike these days. The red and blue have slightly better build quality and durability than the others, but it's a matter of small degrees.