i'm pretty short and pretty close to gettin a ktm300, how do i lower it a bit?

hey guys, i'm leaning towards getting a ktm 300 but the seat height has me a little worried. I wanna be able to still sit down cruising up the road so i dont wanna take too much seat off. And softening suspension doesn't really worry me. How low do you guys think i could get it before it becomes uncomfortable?

You could try a Synergy x-bushing adjustable setup that will help get it down some. Also, there are seats out there that are low but still have better comfort than stock, from what I've heard. Those would be the easiest without going more extreme like shock and fork lowering mods.

Or maby a pre 10 200 sx/xc/w lower seat hight lighter good for lighter guys.

did you ever figure this out? we just bought a 1996 KTM 300 EXC and the owner was 6' 4". My son is 5' 8". It sits too high. Pre-owner said we could do something to lower front triple tree clamp and also adjust rear spring and that'd bring us down some. how hard is this to do?

we just bought a 1996 KTM 300 EXC and the owner was 6' 4". My son is 5' 8". It sits too high. Pre-owner said we could do something to lower front triple tree clamp and also adjust rear spring and that'd bring us down some. how hard is this to do?

A 96 is too high? They didn't start getting really tall until 2008. I'm 5'7" and got an 11' 300xc. put in the X bushing and raised the the forks in the triples. Still a little tall but not too bad. My buddies 07 300 is at least 2" lower than mine.

Our '07 450 SX-F had a RG3 suspension when we bought it. It definitely sat lower. Maybe previous tall owner of this 300 did something to raise it for his height? I'm sure stock height of 37.2 inches might be fine. Stock height of the 450 is supposed to 37.7". I should measure seat height to give you better info!!

If you buy a KTM with linkage (2 strokes this year) you can get a lowering link which I believe will drop the seat height up to 1.5 inches. You would compensate with raising the forks in the tripple clamps and if need more then go with the lower seat.

I have lowered my RM 250 for my wife with Kuba Link and it dropped it 1.75 inches. You lose a litle ground clearance as well but nothing she really noticed. Someone makes the lowering link for the KTM but I'm not sure who. Motorcross Action did up an article while back on one.