Sign in to follow this  

250f vs 125

hey I just want to see what people like more 250f or 125. lots of people say 2t's are dead but i am starting to see 4t's on craigslist with a "trade for yz125" title

:lol::rant::p:smirk:

IMO it depends on your riding style, if your hard core high revvin MX-er a 2t is best if you like the low end to power outta corners and what not 4t, it also depends on budget proven fact 4t cost more to maintane if you want a nice fast trail bike that is low maintnece get a 2t if you want a 4t for trails they have xr's and stuff, but are you asking what to get 250f or 125?

The 125 has more top end than the 250f from my experience. And it can definatley pull longer too. But its just more snappier than a 250f. It more than definatley keep up with the 250fs.

But the advantage of the four stroke is that they get traction a lot better and faster than the two strokes. And they pull harder down low too.

Plus if you get a 125, then it will make you a waaay better rider. It will teach you clutch work and throttle control too. And a plus is the cheap maintence.:smirk:

"Plus if you get a 125, then it will make you a waaay better rider. It will teach you clutch work and throttle control too. And a plus is the cheap maintence"

truee.riding a smoker teaches you to not be lazy.and smokers are also very cheap.but i prefer a 250f :smirk:

i race a 144 2 stroke and i beat 250f out of the holeshot all the time

i race a 250f and beat 250 2 strokes and 450's all the tinme to. guess my bike is the fastest bike int he world.LOL

probobly has nothing to do witht he rider?

I think that kidz 144 will smoke you till the first corner.:rant:

dont think so.LOL

i actually railed a berm today and blew past a ktm 144. guy was pretty good to. we had a 3 hr endurance mx race. what a long day at the track.:smirk:

IMO it depends on your riding style, if your hard core high revvin MX-er a 2t is best if you like the low end to power outta corners and what not 4t, it also depends on budget proven fact 4t cost more to maintane if you want a nice fast trail bike that is low maintnece get a 2t if you want a 4t for trails they have xr's and stuff, but are you asking what to get 250f or 125?

^ what he said :smirk:

dont think so.LOL

i actually railed a berm today and blew past a ktm 144. guy was pretty good to. we had a 3 hr endurance mx race. what a long day at the track.:smirk:

i acually blew past a 250f on a strait stretch and a corner, and that guy was good too

although i am a huge 2 stroke fan i don't feel that the 125's have alot of guts, and this is why in the smaller bore motors i prefer the 250f, imo if i was in the market for a new bike just in general i'd be shopping for a 250f, i love the sound of a 250f bouncing off the rev limiter

i acually blew past a 250f on a strait stretch and a corner, and that guy was good too

no you didnt, your in minassota and under feet of snow. i was racing in canada yesterday though