Going Backwards??

Ok guys. I owned a 2008 Honda crf450r until it was stolen. So trust me I do not hate on Honda, I LOVE Honda.

I have been a member on TT since January 2010 and believe me I have read 100’s of threads and replies in threads in pretty much all of the categories in the dirt bike section.

And what I have noticed is soooo many people are saying shit about Honda and changing brands.

Everyone has known for years that Honda has been leaders in lots of areas and just in general the one of the best brands no doubt. So I want to know from fellow/current Honda owners.....is Honda going backwards or still very good.

So why are people making these comments? I owned the 08 and it had wads of power everywhere and another thing people have been saying is that the 07/08’s were the most powerful and since 09 have been less powerful, but that’s not my question. Feel free to answer though.

So yer just curious feel free to make any points I may have forgotten.

And remember...I am not trolling I LOVE Honda

(mainly referring to crf450r in this thread as that is what i have owned and read most about but doesn't matter)

nothing wrong with there bikes, there great as are many other brands. As far as the COs, they suport the people trying to do away with off roading. Thats my beef with honda. crf450s a great ride,CR & TC doin good in sx.

nothing wrong with there bikes, there great as are many other brands. As far as the COs, they suport the people trying to do away with off roading. Thats my beef with honda. crf450s a great ride,CR & TC doin good in sx.

ok but wat r CO's?

I have had many hondas over the years. I started with an 86 xr250, yes I have been riding for a very long time. Then I had a cr250, two cr500's, an xr600, and a crf450x. I currently have a cr500 and a crf450x. They have been very solid and reliable bikes. I love the crf450x and don't feel like I am missing anything when I ride ktm's, other bikes, etc. After riding for ever I really believe the cr500 is the ultimate reliable longevity offroad play bike. They outlast everything, even the xr's I have had over the years. Other peole may say different but I have been very happy with Honda for a very long time. I ride their bikes for years. I don't get a new bike every other season.

ive never had a honda. but ive only heard good things about them from my friends who ride them.

I had an 07 CRF450r which I loved until I got a KTM530EXC. Once I got the KTM I just didn't feel like riding the crf anymore. But I ride only in the desert not MX, so the EXC was a better fit than a CRFr would be anyways.. I think Honda are great but I did notice a slightly higher level of sexiness in the KTM components, brembo brakes, hydraulic clutch etc etc.. just makes for a pleasing riding experience..

BTW Adem, we spoke about our common experience of having bikes stolen in another thread. You won't believe this but I sat on my old 'stolen' 530 this morning. A guy comes into the KTM dealer wanting to fix the broken hub and they called me up directly. I hope that you also have some luck in finding yours...

I was always a yamaha guy (mostly vintage street and dirt bikes) with exception of one old Kaw triple. Just didn't like the way it handled so i sold it after i restored it and decided to stick with Yammies. My dad has had several hondas and my parents, brother, and I had honda cars, so when a 94 XR250L came up for sale my Dad said go for it, despite me really wanting an XT. Two years ago I bought it and love it. Also have a honda car, a 92 wagon with 170,000 miles. If Yamaha made cars i'd probably own one, but so far i can't complain about hondas. I love my bike and cars.

BTW Adem, we spoke about our common experience of having bikes stolen in another thread. You won't believe this but I sat on my old 'stolen' 530 this morning. A guy comes into the KTM dealer wanting to fix the broken hub and they called me up directly. I hope that you also have some luck in finding yours...

so u got it back?

well funny enough my cousins are currently on the case of my bike as they are older than me and have more friends and this guy down the road from me was offered a crf450r i believe for $2000 (so they can buy drugs asap) and the lady told the guy it was stolen from up the road from his house which technically should be my house...now i know your saying to your self wat r u waiting for?? well we have move in slowly in case they suspect anything and move the bike. wish me luk haha fingers crossed

Right now I hate Honda as a company. Lets say you do not want a bike with the race 4 stroke motor, you have a choice between a dinky 230 or a heavy, outdated xr650l. They stopped their 2 strokes and xr650r...

ALL the manufactures have some kind of green policy statement to satisfy the govt's they want to export too. Honda doesn't have patent on it.

I wish Honda would bring back the XR250 and 400. Heavy but reliable as hell.

I have heard alot of complaints about the newer F.I. bikes, but the magazines seem to rant and rave about how good they are, makes you wonder what the real deal is?