Sign in to follow this  

TT500 Sprocket size recommedatio

I am looking for TT500 Sprocket size or ratio recommedation. The bike will be used for trial riding on east coast.

I have a 15 tooth front sprocket now but needs replacing. So I am wide open for front and rear replacement.

Rob

trail or trials?

for trail, you can go at least 50 tooth.

i've used it.

For trails. Rock, mud and trees.....

50, 51, or 52 rear sprocket should work well for you.

I usually change the chain and both sprockets at the same time. If you have been riding with a single worn sprocket, you have likely stressed/stretched the chain, and that in turn prematurely wears the other sprocket. Best to change them as a set.

Since I do this, I don't buy high dollar chains and I use steel rear sprockets. They work fine the TT even for vintage MX.

50, 51, or 52 rear sprocket should work well for you.

I usually change the chain and both sprockets at the same time. If you have been riding with a single worn sprocket, you have likely stressed/stretched the chain, and that in turn prematurely wears the other sprocket. Best to change them as a set.

Since I do this, I don't buy high dollar chains and I use steel rear sprockets. They work fine the TT even for vintage MX.

Yes, front and rear sproke and chain will be done.

14 tooth front?

I would prefer to gear for low end more than high end. At times we are crawling around the woods and not likeing ever go over 45mph

Rob

For tight trail riding I have run 15/50, but once on the fire roads the bike tops out too quickly. I switched to 16/50 and it's a tad high for real technical stuff but great on the fire roads and at the mx track.

old one bad? stock e-bay. some have said the hot ones on e-bay (can't remember the name) aren't any better than stock. now a new stock one isn't cheap by any means. the experts will chime in Im sure. ever find out about your husky?

old one bad? stock e-bay. some have said the hot ones on e-bay (can't remember the name) aren't any better than stock. now a new stock one isn't cheap by any means. the experts will chime in Im sure. ever find out about your husky?

Don't have one. Building a HL500

Husky? The Solar Husky? No nothing. $500 reward

Rob

I usually run 14-46 on my desert and trail bikes, 15-50 on my MXer, 15-44 on my street ride and 15-56ish on my flattracker...

I keep a couple different C/S sprockets, rear sprockets and pieces of chain in my spare parts basket when I go riding or racing. Sometimes you find yourself in between gears at a critical point on the track or trail. A tooth or two can make a big difference in lap times...

I usually run 14-46 on my desert and trail bikes, 15-50 on my MXer, 15-44 on my street ride and 15-56ish on my flattracker...

I keep a couple different C/S sprockets, rear sprockets and pieces of chain in my spare parts basket when I go riding or racing. Sometimes you find yourself in between gears at a critical point on the track or trail. A tooth or two can make a big difference in lap times...

Thanks. Thats a good mix for the record books.