1972 SUZUKI RV90J starter??

I picked up an 1972 2 cycle Suzuki RV90 that had throttle issues. In parts diagram they refer the choke thumb lever as a starter? The adjustment seems to be the issue. It runs good with the choke/ starter is engaged, but when I turn the choke off it wants to stall. I bypassed the oil injection and mix the gas. Is there any vacuum I should be aware of that may effect its performance? Any info you have is greatly appreciated. :banghead:Thanks.

I turn the choke off it wants to stall. I bypassed the oil injection and mix the gas. Is there any vacuum I should be aware of that may effect its performance? Any info you have is greatly appreciated. :banghead:Thanks.

when you did away with the oil injection and started mixing the oil with the gas you leaned out the carb settings. either re connect the oil injector or increase the size of your carb jets. I would just reconnect the inj pump since I have only ever seen one fail but that was because of water and freezing temps.

The suzuki oil pump delivers oil thru tubes to some key points (crank & wrist bearings) in the engine.

Twin engine cci example http://dansmc.com/cci_oil.JPG

The Suzuki system is not like a yamalube that just directs the oil downstream from the carb.

If you switch to premix you are going to be taking your chances

Suzuki has strenuous warnings that failure to provide adequate oil via the crankcase injector port on the CCI oil injection system on all models (excluding TS/TM 400) will cause main bearing oil starvation, even if proper premix ratio is achieved.