Sign in to follow this  

2006 CRF250R wont stay running

A friend of mine has a 2006 CRF250R that he wants me to check out for him. The bike will start up easy and idle for a couple seconds and die. The motor sounds fine when idling, it has no strange noises. I'm thinking carb needs to be cleaned and i'm going to check the valve gaps also. Anybody have any other ideas? He doesnt have a service book for it so if anyone could give me the valve gap clearances I would be thankful.

Intake clearance is .005in +/- .001. Exhaust is .011in +/- .001.

I know its seems obvious but have you tried turning up the idle?

• Like 1

Intake clearance is .005in +/- .001. Exhaust is .011in +/- .001.

I know its seems obvious but have you tried turning up the idle?

I have not tried anything yet. Just trying to get some input first but I'll try that first. Thanks for your help.:smirk:

Can someone post the torque of the cam cap bolts on the 2006 CRF250R? Thanks for any help you can offer.:smirk:

If you haven't already, you need to richen the fuel screw for the cold temps. Sounds like the pilot circuit is too lean.

Can someone post the torque of the cam cap bolts on the 2006 CRF250R? Thanks for any help you can offer.:smirk:

Torque them at 10 ft. lbs. I think the book calls for 11, but unless you have a real good torque wrench, 10 is safe. They strip easy so be careful.

• Like 1