Tennessee Looking For Trails Around Clarksville

Hey guys, I am stationed here at Ft. Campbell and I am looking for some trails to ride in Kentucky or Tennessee close to the Clarksville area.

I did a search and the stuff I found was at least a year old. The only Problem with that was some of the links for riding clubs and info on parks no longer work. I'm sure I'll end up going to LBL sometimes because its close. But I'm not to sure I'll like it too much. I guess it gets pretty crowded on weekends, and I saw an LBL brochure, and inside on the map the actual Turkey Bay riding area was only a mile or two square. I guess I got spoiled living in Colorado with all the NF and BLM land.

In searching I found this place called westpoint, which seemed pretty good. 5000 acres or so, but it is kinda far for just a day ride which is all I'll be able to do most of the time. Also I guess you have to register somewhere or something like that to ride there, but the link I found didn't work.

Anyways, I hope to find some good places to ride.

Levi, 2010 Husqvarna TC450

Edited by MetalMan1011

Turkey bay is by far the best place to ride in western Ky. They have on 2000 acres and over 100miles of trails. I ride there about once a month.

here are a few more.

coporhead lodge near Salem

Gegary's lake near drakeboro..Really nice campground.

Royal atv trails near Litchfield.

Also..you may want to check out the haresramble this weekend near Cadiz.

Here are some links for you.

www.kentuckyriders.com

www.msxcracing.com

I own a small farm near hopkinsville if you are ever looking for somebody to ride with after work or just a close place to ride on the weekends. We got a few good trails and we ride several times a week.

• Like 1

Westpoint is an excellent place to ride if you like single track. The land is leased by a club called "North Alabama Trail Riders Association" - the website is http://natra.dirtrider.net. It's $50/year to join. They have thousands of acres and about 7-10 great single track loops that range from 8-20 miles each. I can see where it would be a little far from C'ville though.

LBL is probably the closest. It's big and has a lot of quad trails. It's a great place to ride but it only has quad trails (no ST) and the two-way traffic can be a little dangerous.

Check out the local club called "Middle TN Dirt Riders" - www.mtdr.net. It's a great club that puts together monthly rides in the area, including Ashland City and Castalian Springs which I think would be close for you.

Thanks guys, for some reason when I saw a map of LBL, the riding area looked really small, but apparently its not:thumbsup: Although, I'm not a huge fan of quad trails.

I'm definitely going to check out westpoint, sounds like my kind of riding, although I probably won't make it down there much. I'm not going to have my bike out here until the end of march, I can't wait. Maybe I'll see you guys around then:ride:

Like JDaugherty said LBL is a fun place to ride. It does get crowded on weekends, but if you stay off the main trails, you will be ok. The red and blue marked trails are the least traveled.

Look into the Middle Tennessee Dirt Rider (mtdr.net) I've been a member for 3 yrs now. Great group of guys!

You get ready to ride lbl let me know and I'll meet you there. Like phillymac said, you really need to get off the main trails to have fun. I was practically raised up at that place. Been going since I was 12 (now in my 40's) and both my kids also have spent a lot of time there.

i go to westpoint nearly every weekend. if you want to meet somewhere close i would be glad to show you around. you dont need to worry about joining if you came as a guest. i can gaurantee you will not be disappointed. the round 5 of the national enduro series is being held there again this year and has been for several years as well as hare scrambles and isdt races. single track heaven for sure. right now is a great time to ride there ,as there are several new loops put together for the upcoming race. if you were to join camping is also allowed there. its worth it

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2011 at 8:13 AM, hvwilson12 said:

Turkey bay is by far the best place to ride in western Ky. They have on 2000 acres and over 100miles of trails. I ride there about once a month.

here are a few more.

coporhead lodge near Salem

Gegary's lake near drakeboro..Really nice campground.

Royal atv trails near Litchfield.

Also..you may want to check out the haresramble this weekend near Cadiz.

Here are some links for you.

www.kentuckyriders.com

www.msxcracing.com

I own a small farm near hopkinsville if you are ever looking for somebody to ride with after work or just a close place to ride on the weekends. We got a few good trails and we ride several times a week.

I PCS there feb 12. going to need some new riding buds and new places to ride. Email is killakeith6262@yahoo.com hit me up if you wanna ride and have general knowledge on area or want to explore the area together.