Sign in to follow this  

Installing Merge AP spring today Quick help!

OK I have a question about this install. I have the C clip off, and the bowl cover off. I'm supposed to pull down on the push rod and disconnect from the plastic arm. It doesn't say how. If I could just see the underside, i'm sure it would be obvious, but I have never seen it out. It's plastic, so no room for a learning mistake! I've studied it for a bit but just not sure.

Hoping for a quick pointer as i'm in the middle of the swap right now! Just taking a little forum break!

No one?

Rereading the pamplet some and old posts I now think I just pull on the rod from the bowl end until it snaps out. Is this right? But, My fingers slip first, even using a rag? Tried to pop it out using the mini screwdriver trick in that same direction, and slightly bent my good German Whia driver. GRRRRR

So do I pull on the rod with pliers?

I (very, very carefully) slip a jewelers screwdriver in to the cam just above the rod and pop it loose.

But which way do you pop it? I gentlly pushed toward the bowl area until the driver bent! I also tried pulling the rod down from the bowl but my fingers slips before it pops?

Yes, down towards the bowl. It does not take that much force. Rethink what you are doing. Once you get it, you will face palm....

Thanks William, it came right out! The problem was being unsure which way to push. It also took alot of force to pop it. More than I would have guessed from reading forum posts. I bent the first driver in half.:smirk:

BTW pullingl down on the rod as Merge suggested would never have worked without using pliers! I don't know why mine was so tight?

Edited by Wmacky