Sign in to follow this  

98 XR400 Exhaust

I have a mikuni carb, stage 1 cam, FMF powerbomb header, and an older supertrapp muffler. Do you think going to an FMF muffler (I guess the power core 4 ) would give me anything other than a lighter wallet? :smirk:

I have a mikuni carb, stage 1 cam, FMF powerbomb header, and an older supertrapp muffler. Do you think going to an FMF muffler (I guess the power core 4 ) would give me anything other than a lighter wallet? :rant:

No....:smirk:

You'd definately have a better quality muffler in the FMF. But personally, with FMF I'd go Q4.

Don't know tho, with that Power Bomb header you must do mostly fast riding like open desert, forest roads and stuff.

The powerbomb supposedly spreads the torque curve even wider than stock without a big top end gain. (from what I've read)

The power core 4 is very loud on my 650L, certainly wouldn't pass ANY sound checks and might get you(me) in trouble on the street. I like it on the street, but it wouldn't fly to trail ride anywhere.

I'll be looking for a quiet core muffler if anyone wants to swap.

Or something else that I can put a core in and out depending on what I'm doing.

Can't believe they don't make an add on "quiet core" baffle like everyone else does.