Sign in to follow this  

Radiator problem?!

Today i was riding and my friend noticed that i was leaking some fluid. so i got my bike taken apart and found that is was leaking radiator fluid. i checked all the tubes and they are all good, and the radiator itself is good. so my question is how do you get the pipe that goes from each side of the radiators into the frame and down to the motor (on a diagram its called a hose connector 4 stroke) How do you get that pipe out to replace it? my bike is a 2008 KTM 250 SX-F

i don't know exactly how to explain it, but i need to figure out how to get this pipe out so i can see if thats what the problem is. the pipe connects an adapter to make a "T", each side of the radiator has a connector into the frame and there is an adapter inside the frame that this pipe connects to and comes out right above the motor where a hose connects to it and goes into the motor. this pipe is what makes the vertical line in the "T"... here look at this diagram (http://www.ktmworld.com/ktm_oem_parts_schematic.asp?schematicId=72659&normalBackUrl=1) it is number 35 i need to find out how to take it off of number 19!

i don't know exactly how to explain it, but i need to figure out how to get this pipe out so i can see if thats what the problem is. the pipe connects an adapter to make a "T", each side of the radiator has a connector into the frame and there is an adapter inside the frame that this pipe connects to and comes out right above the motor where a hose connects to it and goes into the motor. this pipe is what makes the vertical line in the "T"... here look at this diagram (http://www.ktmworld.com/ktm_oem_parts_schematic.asp?schematicId=72659&normalBackUrl=1) it is number 35 i need to find out how to take it off of number 19!

sorry bud but i have no idea.i have a yz250f and its different.i would move this thread to the ktm section.im sure someone could helpp!:smirk:

goodluck!

Your talking about the cross over hose that goes threw the frame right? I have never done it but it looks like the radiators & the metal tube just slip in. To remove you probably un-bolt the radiators and remove the hose that comes from the motor then slide the tube out.