Hot Start plunger finally out, but...?

Hi again, I finally got the da#% plunger out but not without some collateral damage. After having broken an easy out in my drill hole, I had to resort to using my Dremal to finish the job. As careful as I tried to be, the top of the plunger hole is not in as good of shape as I would like it to be. That being said, how important is the hot start, should I go ahead and put the new plunger and o-ring in, or should I just seal it of with some Permatex and just be done with it. Any more suggestioins?

Hopefully the bore for the plunger survived. I'm sure you can see where the o ring on the plunger seals. I'd fix it and load the works up with grease to keep the water out. I find the hot start very useful but that also seems to be jetting dependent as well. For what its worth I put mine back together with new parts and grease. I'd fix it but thats just me.

Bullittman

Edit:

Rereading your post, you have to have the plunger in the carb to seal off the hot start ports, beyond that its up to you. Although it was sealed already and you spent a ton of effort to fix it to just impermanently seal it back up. Your choice.

Hi again, I finally got the da#% plunger out but not without some collateral damage. After having broken an easy out in my drill hole, I had to resort to using my Dremal to finish the job. As careful as I tried to be, the top of the plunger hole is not in as good of shape as I would like it to be. That being said, how important is the hot start, should I go ahead and put the new plunger and o-ring in, or should I just seal it of with some Permatex and just be done with it. Any more suggestioins?

When I first had the bike, I rarely used the hot start for no other reason than I wasn't use to it. More recently, I find it does help on Hot Starts on the trail but I don't deem it neccesary at all. If you can fix it, I'd do it but if it's more trouble then it worth, button it up. my 2 cents~

Thanks for the advise. I have already ordered the parts and greasing up the hole with the parts installed seems the way to go. I didn't think of that so thanks again. The area where the o-ring seats looks good so that should help.